Using your sick days when you're not sick

Grey

I was the only driver that called in the day after Thanksgiving and it was my first call in since driving. They told me before they hung up that I was the only one that isn't "toughing it out". I came in on Monday thinking the other drivers would give me :censored2: but they just told me how smart I was. I even brought a doc's note cause I was actually sick but they never asked for it. Just covering my butt.

Holydriver

OH no a piece of paper!!! How horrible!
no, i get it. i dont worry about that stuff either. i think i got a warning letter once. first of all, i didnt know what it was and just read it and threw it away. secondly, i dont even know what they said i was doing wrong. i dont care about any of that stuff. i dont care about telematics and as such i back as much as i want and dont get upset when my bulkhead doesnt close, i dont care about an accident so when i have one i just go about my life because so what im still employed, and i certainly dont care about being over allowed and things of that nature. i was just saying that UPS will get all butt hurt about a driver using a sick day on a monday or friday. because they automatically assume youre trying to have a long weekend instead of acutally being sick. its pretty pathetic on their part really, especially on a monday, the lightest day of every week

Whargoul

I have no problem calling in and saying " Hey it's *me*, I'm not going to be at work today ( sometimes I give a reason ). Then I hang up. I actually think this is the only job i've had where calling off was so easy.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
This happened more than a few times in my career: Call in and take a sick day for whatever reason other than being actually sick, and invariably, later on in the same week, I would actually get sick enough to call in, but didn't want 2 occurrences. lol.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I have a rep of always being at work and not using my sick days. i think I've used 3 sick days in 8 years.

Well, I'm sick of that and I don't want to get paid out anymore. I want to use all my days.

I just feel guilty calling out when I'm not sick.

Anyone else like that?
No. They are my days, I use them however I want to. UPS can suck a fat one.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
We get 6 sick days and 4 option days a year. The sick days accrue until you reach a cap of like 400(can't remember exactly) hours. The sick time is paid out when you are fired or retire.

Dr.Brownz

I was the only driver that called in the day after Thanksgiving and it was my first call in since driving. They told me before they hung up that I was the only one that isn't "toughing it out". I came in on Monday thinking the other drivers would give me :censored2: but they just told me how smart I was. I even brought a doc's note cause I was actually sick but they never asked for it. Just covering my butt.

Should have filed for harrassment

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I have a rep of always being at work and not using my sick days. i think I've used 3 sick days in 8 years.

Well, I'm sick of that and I don't want to get paid out anymore. I want to use all my days.

I just feel guilty calling out when I'm not sick.

Anyone else like that?

Love the sarcasm....

margaritaville

What is "sick" anyways? It can vary from just feeling crappy with a headache to a 104 fever. So you shouldn't feel bad. Just don't post on social media about it if you leave the house for a vacation or something. Also anytime someone appears from UPS on my "people you may know" i block them immediately even if i like them since i don't want them to add me.