USPS Contract

Dippy Doo

Does anyone have a decent update on when the USPS contract award is to be announced? I had heard we would know something by the end of January. Evidently the cancelation of Saturday delivery required UPS and FedEx to rebid.

brown metal coffin

USPS Announced back in September that their contract was going to be up with FedEx in a year and that they were going to be taking bids and that UPS was very very interested in bidding. The winner will be able to put their drop boxes and all of the post offices nationwide and will get a bulk of the money to fly their priority mail around the country. I think that the contract is actually up in September 2013 but I don't know when they are going to start the bidding process.

This may offer some insight.

USPS to put FedEx contract up for bid - Article from Logistics Management

brown metal coffin

Any announcement on the USPS contract award for the upcoming year? I think that ups was supposed to be very aggressive with their bid from what I understood.

barnyard

KTM rider
There was another article in a business article that interviewed someone at FedEx and their tone seemed to be that they were prepared to lose it.