USPS Contract

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Dippy Doo, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Dippy Doo

Dippy Doo New Member

Does anyone have a decent update on when the USPS contract award is to be announced? I had heard we would know something by the end of January. Evidently the cancelation of Saturday delivery required UPS and FedEx to rebid.

2. steelbed1

steelbed1 New Member

We will get the next update in march.

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I think you may have misread the thread title. The OP was asking about the USPS contract, not the UPS/Teamsters contract.

4. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

I Dippy Don't

5. airintrace

airintrace Active Member

USPS Announced back in September that their contract was going to be up with FedEx in a year and that they were going to be taking bids and that UPS was very very interested in bidding. The winner will be able to put their drop boxes and all of the post offices nationwide and will get a bulk of the money to fly their priority mail around the country. I think that the contract is actually up in September 2013 but I don't know when they are going to start the bidding process.

This may offer some insight.

USPS to put FedEx contract up for bid - Article from Logistics Management

6. Dippy Doo

Dippy Doo New Member

I know for a fact the bidding is already done. I'm now being told the award announcement should be this Friday.

7. airintrace

airintrace Active Member

Any announcement on the USPS contract award for the upcoming year? I think that ups was supposed to be very aggressive with their bid from what I understood.

8. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

There was another article in a business article that interviewed someone at FedEx and their tone seemed to be that they were prepared to lose it.