USPS delivery!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by djkre8r, Dec 17, 2012.

1. djkre8r

djkre8r Member

Heck, even if the USPS delivers to the door - they don't ring the doorbell. I saw this on my route last week.usps.jpg
    usps.jpg

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  2. 9/5Everyday

9/5Everyday Member

I never ring the doorbell anymore, especially @ night for fear of getting shot these days!!

3. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

USPS isn't a full service operation like ups. You get what you pay for.

4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I always see USPS and FedEx boxes at houses that I know the people are home all day.

5. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Active Member

I really tire of scaring people, or when a sig is need, going through the whole "home defense" routine. "Hey! Who's there!" UPS. "WHO?!" Ups. WHOOO!?!?! The guys in Brown, we deliver stuff! "Oh". Then they open the door. Or the ghetto apartments I have. I swear they see a white guy dressed in brown through the peephole, and assume I'm a county sherrif serving warrants.

6. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

This!!

And then I stack it all up and give a rap on the door and a ring of the bell. No matter what time of day.

7. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

When I was a helper I had hundreds of drops where there were usps AND fedex boxes at the door. Ring the bell, hand them their box, and then pick up their other boxes and hand those over too. That's full service.

Probably the only job I've ever had where people thanked me for just doing what I'm payed for.

8. Just another way for big brown to make money and screw us out of fulltime jobs!!!! IMAGINE THAT

9. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

Four exclamation points? Also, caps lock is a privilege not a right.
    Not to mention I have no idea how this comment is even applicable to the thread.

10. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

I never ring the doorbell. My new favorite thing to do is to take the doormat off of the hidden ups box and hide mine under it.

11. Kis124

Kis124 Member

My mail lady rings my doorbell and brings all the rest down the driveway too. Saves me the trip up a 300 yard hike

12. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Me too!!! With the ups package on top.

13. djkre8r

djkre8r Member

I've been guilty of taking the newspaper to the door - especially since I almost ran over it.

14. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

On my old route I would grab the paper when ever I could if I had a free hand. You're actually doing the customer a huge favor as a paper laying in the driveway usually signifies that no one is home. Especially if I see a couple of them laying there then they must be on vacation. I would hate to see someone's house get robbed because of a slight oversight in preparedness.

15. HomeDelivery

HomeDelivery Well-Known Member

I use the paper that i picked up from their driveway to slightly cover over the smalls parcel by their front door/doormat

16. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

17. Try going to the back house at 845pm with drak brown clothes on through a side gate in the getto.That when I drop it over the gate and run.

18. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I ring all doorbells and place the package where the door opens. I am the minority in my building.

One thing I find odd is 90% of all doorbells are on the opposite side of where they open. Is there a reason for this or just coincidence?

19. yeldarb

yeldarb Member

w1

In the tracking number, the two digit service level, what does w1 mean? A friend has a package that she was supposed to get already. I am thinking sure post maybe?