USPS delivery!

djkre8r

Heck, even if the USPS delivers to the door - they don't ring the doorbell. I saw this on my route last week. usps.jpg
usps.jpg

Last edited:

OptimusPrime

I never ring the doorbell anymore, especially @ night for fear of getting shot these days!!

I really tire of scaring people, or when a sig is need, going through the whole "home defense" routine. "Hey! Who's there!" UPS. "WHO?!" Ups. WHOOO!?!?! The guys in Brown, we deliver stuff! "Oh". Then they open the door. Or the ghetto apartments I have. I swear they see a white guy dressed in brown through the peephole, and assume I'm a county sherrif serving warrants.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
When I was a helper I had hundreds of drops where there were usps AND fedex boxes at the door. Ring the bell, hand them their box, and then pick up their other boxes and hand those over too. That's full service.

Probably the only job I've ever had where people thanked me for just doing what I'm payed for.

STFXG

I never ring the doorbell. My new favorite thing to do is to take the doormat off of the hidden ups box and hide mine under it.

Kis124

My mail lady rings my doorbell and brings all the rest down the driveway too. Saves me the trip up a 300 yard hike

djkre8r

When I was a helper I had hundreds of drops where there were usps AND fedex boxes at the door. Ring the bell, hand them their box, and then pick up their other boxes and hand those over too. That's full service.

I've been guilty of taking the newspaper to the door - especially since I almost ran over it.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've been guilty of taking the newspaper to the door - especially since I almost ran over it.

On my old route I would grab the paper when ever I could if I had a free hand. You're actually doing the customer a huge favor as a paper laying in the driveway usually signifies that no one is home. Especially if I see a couple of them laying there then they must be on vacation. I would hate to see someone's house get robbed because of a slight oversight in preparedness.

Work right slow and safe

I really tire of scaring people, or when a sig is need, going through the whole "home defense" routine. "Hey! Who's there!" UPS. "WHO?!" Ups. WHOOO!?!?! The guys in Brown, we deliver stuff! "Oh". Then they open the door. Or the ghetto apartments I have. I swear they see a white guy dressed in brown through the peephole, and assume I'm a county sherrif serving warrants.

Try going to the back house at 845pm with drak brown clothes on through a side gate in the getto.That when I drop it over the gate and run.

Indecisi0n

I ring all doorbells and place the package where the door opens. I am the minority in my building.

One thing I find odd is 90% of all doorbells are on the opposite side of where they open. Is there a reason for this or just coincidence?

yeldarb

w1

In the tracking number, the two digit service level, what does w1 mean? A friend has a package that she was supposed to get already. I am thinking sure post maybe?