V-Day/ Fail?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
In my district, the V-Day pkg count was just about half what they were projecting, which probably means FedEx lost money on this deal if the same thing happened nationwide. Anyone else out there have totals for their station or district?

!Retired!

Our station got about 20% less than predicted. Saturday we got 50% more than predicted. But, the packages were trucked in, not flown....keeping expenses down. So, yes, we still made money.

God bless the engineers.

Last edited:

SmithBarney

We had 145 and 5 drivers Sunday
Sat we had 300 pieces and 16 drivers(whoops too many) but luckily for us we needed the extra workers we had almost a 2 hr delay.

Washu234

Part of the deal was guaranteed volume. ProFlowers paid FedEx for a fixed amount of volume upfront and anything over that was dealt with. I didn't get the feeling that ProFlowers made money, but you can bet FedEx wade out well.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Feel free to start a thread about airline vs truckers.

In the meantime, it's 8:17PM and I'm waiting on UPS for a package due today.

At least you'll get it. If you used FedEx Ground it would probably be on the driver's coffee table at home. By the way, you are acting like a classic FedEx "plant". Tell Maury I said "hi".

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
By the way, you are acting like a classic FedEx "plant". Tell Maury I said "hi".

You mean that FedEx plants people to post on a site that hardly anyone reads and even fewer people post to?

Getting back on topic, our Sunday freight was nearly 40% higher than our typical Saturday freight; used the same number of couriers.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You mean that FedEx plants people to post on a site that hardly anyone reads and even fewer people post to?

Getting back on topic, our Sunday freight was nearly 40% higher than our typical Saturday freight; used the same number of couriers.

There have been several members on this site that were quite probably on the payroll to spread dis-information. Can I prove that? No. And for a site that "hardly anyone reads", there is a lot of interest from MEM, enough so I've heard the BC mentioned several times by management. By the way, I read on this site that "nobody is interested-in" that the Teamsters successfully organized 48 adminstrative positions in Ontario, Canada. This was posted by a UPS employee. Think they have any skin in this game Dano? Think that's on Fred's radar today? That would be "yes".

It sounds like V-Day went fairly well, which is great. I'm not interested in seeing FedEx fail, but I am very hopeful that their anti-employee agenda fails. Fred deserves the Teamsters, and now they've got a foot in the door.

59 Dano

Oddly enough, most of the stuff you claim to "know" is stuff that you can't prove. Imagine that!

This past Sunday went well and I'm looking forward to working on Mother's Day too. Boogie!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Oddly enough, most of the stuff you claim to "know" is stuff that you can't prove. Imagine that!

This past Sunday went well and I'm looking forward to working on Mother's Day too. Boogie!

I "know" a lot. In my long tenure at FedEx I've come to know a lot of people, some of whom are very high on the totem pole, and I stay in touch with them. Here's one for you. Please tell me how FedEx sick policy is fair to the employee? You get 5 days for the whole year, and if you actually use them it's counted against you on your review, unless you can make it an FMLA leave. The net result is that a lot of people work while they're sick, which is unsafe and helps spread illness. Does FedEx care? Not one bit. All they want is your warm body in the seat of that W700 making them money.

Please explain to me what I don't "know" about our sick policy, how it's fair, and also how it isn't abusive to the employee? I'd be happy to explain some of our other abusive policies that I "know" nothing about. How about top-out times? Or how about market-levels. I'll hand you your a** on a platter. Boogie!

quadro

I "know" a lot. In my long tenure at FedEx I've come to know a lot of people, some of whom are very high on the totem pole, and I stay in touch with them. Here's one for you. Please tell me how FedEx sick policy is fair to the employee? You get 5 days for the whole year, and if you actually use them it's counted against you on your review, unless you can make it an FMLA leave. The net result is that a lot of people work while they're sick, which is unsafe and helps spread illness. Does FedEx care? Not one bit. All they want is your warm body in the seat of that W700 making them money.

Please explain to me what I don't "know" about our sick policy, how it's fair, and also how it isn't abusive to the employee? I'd be happy to explain some of our other abusive policies that I "know" nothing about. How about top-out times? Or how about market-levels. I'll hand you your a** on a platter. Boogie!
I'm genuinely curious what you believe would be a fair sick policy. Personally, I don't have a problem with the current policy because as you said, if you're absence is covered under FMLA, then your absences don't count against you. If you're not covered under FMLA, then you can still be out about 8 days a year and still be satisfactory on your review. That's 1 day about every 8 - 9 weeks. If you are out that often, then someone is constantly picking up the slack or being moved around (a la swing drivers). So do you make it fair for the person who is consistently out sick or do you make it fair for everyone around that person? Or do you try to find a balance between the two? IMHO, I think it's about balanced. You can be out sick a few times, you still get paid, you're still satisfactory on your review, and those around you aren't always having to cover for you. And don't forget that if you are someone who doesn't normally get sick and you do happen to miss a few days, even that might not count against you on your review as you can get a bonus point or two to make up for the absences.

59 Dano

I don't have a problem with the sick policy. What I would have a problem with is a person who takes his five sick days every year getting the same rating for his attendance as the guy who doesn't get sick and doesn't use the days.

That'd be very unfair.

As for all the other stuff that you brag about know, go ahead and spill it. Entertain me. It obviously gives you great pleasure to to boast, "I know higher ups!!! I know about market levels!!!" despite the fact that you can't understand the reasoning behind the sicky policy. I'll even pretend to be impressed, if that helps any.

!Retired!

There have been several members on this site that were quite probably on the payroll to spread dis-information. Can I prove that? No.
Me a plant? That's funny.

BTW, I personally love getting 5 days extra pay on my check for not calling in sick (though this year will be only 4 :().

P.S. How did sick days get into a thread started about Valentine's Day?

59 Dano

BTW, I personally love getting 5 days extra pay on my check for not calling in sick (though this year will be only 4 :().

P.S. How did sick days get into a thread started about Valentine's Day?

I'm the same way -- a bonus week of pay, just for showing up when I'm supposed to. I dunno how it entered a V Day thread. Give him time, and he'll complain about being docked for pay when he clocks in late.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We get 4 personal and 5 sick days (paid) and get paid for any unused days at the end of the year but I usually run out of days before I run out of year. Last year I made it to September.:wink2:

What a lot of the senior guys will do is take a day here and there to let the cover drivers get their days.