V. O. T. E.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Our cover drivers do 6 differents days of garbage. Hell, most try to run out of hours so they don't have to come in on saturdays. The chance that a cover driver could stay on a route for a week is unheard of in my center.

The contract says if he is ASSIGNED a route but then MOVED he is protected. I.e., Monday the plan is for the rookie to be on bob's trip all week long, hence he is assigned to it. If for some reason they change their minds on tuesday that doesn't matter; he was assigned...right?

robbdogg75

It's was a no vote for me! Four year progression is BS. Extending peak season by 4 weeks is BS. Shifting all part timers out of the UPS insurance plan is major BS. I tried to find some good things but couldn't find any.

stink219

Our cover drivers do 6 differents days of garbage. Hell, most try to run out of hours so they don't have to come in on saturdays. The chance that a cover driver could stay on a route for a week is unheard of in my center.

The contract says if he is ASSIGNED a route but then MOVED he is protected. I.e., Monday the plan is for the rookie to be on bob's trip all week long, hence he is assigned to it. If for some reason they change their minds on tuesday that doesn't matter; he was assigned...right?
AJ gets it!!! You sir obviously can read! Can you help inform more of these guys? Some are struggling with this language thing. Great job man!

M

MenInBrown

It does say that all drivers with 4 years seniority as a full-time pkg car driver are eligible for 9.5 protection...you will not have 4 years until your progression is up, so if you are in your progression your screwed.

stink219

It does say that all drivers with 4 years seniority as a full-time pkg car driver are eligible for 9.5 protection...you will not have 4 years until your progression is up, so if you are in your progression your screwed.
Stop it!! Just stop this bullshat!! You are not screwed.

stink219

Employees within the full-time driver classification shall be eligible for the protection of this Section provided:
(1) the employee covers a route for a full week; (2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the Employer;
OR
(3) an employee with four (4) years of seniority as a full-time package driver.

UPS Preloader

Stop it!! Just stop this bullshat!! You are not screwed.

images

Not Even With Duct Tape!!!

Overpaid Union Thug

Employees within the full-time driver classification shall be eligible for the protection of this Section provided:
(1) the employee covers a route for a full week; (2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the Employer;
OR
(3) an employee with four (4) years of seniority as a full-time package driver.

If someone is bumped from a route they on previous days they are screwed. If the route they run one day is cut on other days they are screwed. Weak language plain and simple.

If someone is bumped from a route they on previous days they are screwed. If the route they run one day is cut on other days they are screwed. Weak language plain and simple.
NOBODY...........should have to work over.9,5....part time, full time, cover driver or whatever.............Unless you want to!!!Put a route in...take care of your customers and drivers!!!!....WTF

browned out

OK; so if I have less than 4 years driving, have no bidding rites and routes are not assigned to anyone but bid coverage drivers. How am I not screwed?

stink219

OK; so if I have less than 4 years driving, have no bidding rites and routes are not assigned to anyone but bid coverage drivers. How am I not screwed?
What will you be doing? Is your intent to be utilized to cover vacations? Will you cover a person on comp? If your usage is the likeness, you have 9.5 protection. On Monday, I would suggest asking your supervisor what you assignment is. If he says, "Bob Smith is on vacation this week." and the intent is for you to cover that vacation, your protected. Do you understand what I mean? Or you can let the management walk all over you. Which one feels better?
This is how I will be handling my guys. I'll be utilizing the staffing on Monday's to verify coverage.

browned out

What will you be doing? Is your intent to be utilized to cover vacations? Will you cover a person on comp? If your usage is the likeness, you have 9.5 protection. On Monday, I would suggest asking your supervisor what you assignment is. If he says, "Bob Smith is on vacation this week." and the intent is for you to cover that vacation, your protected. Do you understand what I mean? Or you can let the management walk all over you. Which one feels better?
This is how I will be handling my guys. I'll be utilizing the staffing on Monday's to verify coverage.

It is the same as it has been. When I was a new driver I did 15 different routes in 15 days; no duplicate routes for 3 weeks. A lot of 12 hour days. Most of the other time; it was 2 or 3 different routes per week. Your assignment for the week is unassigned. Go where needed. No where does the contract state that drivers have to be assigned to anything. We have at least 15 out of 40 scheduled ALO. Work as directed. I agree the new language might help. Why do you insist on giving people false hope of being protected under the new 9.5 language? Is it your belief that non bid coverage drivers with less than 4 years driving seniority will be afforded the 9.5 protection?

stink219

It is the same as it has been. When I was a new driver I did 15 different routes in 15 days; no duplicate routes for 3 weeks. A lot of 12 hour days. Most of the other time; it was 2 or 3 different routes per week. Your assignment for the week is unassigned. Go where needed. No where does the contract state that drivers have to be assigned to anything. We have at least 15 out of 40 scheduled ALO. Work as directed. I agree the new language might help. Why do you insist on giving people false hope of being protected under the new 9.5 language? Is it your belief that non bid coverage drivers with less than 4 years driving seniority will be afforded the 9.5 protection?
What kind of a question is "Why give people a false sense of hope."?
Are you kidding? Is it better to give them a false sense of fear? Isn't that why this site was created? Have you given up already?
It isn't only my belief that non bid cover drivers will have 9.5 protections, it will be my focus for the next 5 years. Plans are already in the works in my building to address this on 8-1-2013. The intent of language in Article 37 MOU addresses all of this. Your BA should have a copy of this information.