V. O. T. E.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
VOTED NO!

I honestly think that people havent forgot how this company has treated them the last few years...this is doing to put a few more no vote on the board(even if they think the contract is at par)...hard work is one thing...being micromanaged and harassed into oblivion is a whole other story...

over9five

Staff member
After the contract is passed, and people start complaining.....

38583726.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

Must be even worse up north otherwise you'd understand that the language DOES NOT protect them. I mean how often do unassigned drivers get to stay on the same route all week? Rare!.

I am a regular full time driver with only 6 months of driving in which means I don't have enough seniority for my own route hence I'm a cover driver. That being said it is not uncommon for us to work a route for a whole week covering a vacation. Each route has a couple cover guys who are the best at it then a couple others who know it enough to get by just in case. If one of our main routes we cover isn't open they'll slide us where they need us but it's common for those of us who put in the effort to learn a route well to stay on it all week.

If THEY slide you where you're needed then you are protected. If another driver decides to bump you on a Friday off a route you've been on since Monday there is NOTHING in the language to keep management from trying to weazle their way out of applying the over 9.5 list to you for that week. The language says you are protected of they move you. Not if another hourly bumps you. They will exploit that loop hole. Remember this is UPS management were are talking about here.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If THEY slide you where you're needed then you are protected. If another driver decides to bump you on a Friday off a route you've been on since Monday there is NOTHING in the language to keep management from trying to weazle their way out of applying the over 9.5 list to you for that week. The language says you are protected of they move you. Not if another hourly bumps you. They will exploit that loop hole. Remember this is UPS management were are talking about here.

If said driver is bumped on Friday ...isnt this still considered a move thus would still be protected...??

'Lord Brown's bidding'

If said driver is bumped on Friday ...isnt this still considered a move thus would still be protected...??

Why do they think it matters if it is another driver bumping you as the reason why mgmt moves you? The point is, MGMT moves you! The other driver doesn't say, "Hey, go cover route 51B today! I got this..."

'Lord Brown's bidding'

If THEY slide you where you're needed then you are protected. If another driver decides to bump you on a Friday off a route you've been on since Monday there is NOTHING in the language to keep management from trying to weazle their way out of applying the over 9.5 list to you for that week. The language says you are protected of they move you. Not if another hourly bumps you.
Where in the contract does it say someone is protected except in cases where another driver bumps you..." There are many reasons why management has to change their plans, some of them being valid. If you happen to be a two-year driver who knows just about all of your center's delivery area-I was in this category in my previous center-you may find yourself moved last minute because no one else knows the route someone just called out on. It isn't management's fault, but the contract assures you that you won't be caught in a bind due to this. If a driver who has been doing something else all week decides he'd rather take it easy on Friday and bump you, again, you are being re-assigned from your given assignment from that week. Why you were moved from that assignment is irrelevant, and the contract makes no concessions in that regard.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Where in the contract does it say someone is protected except in cases where another driver bumps you..." There are many reasons why management has to change their plans, some of them being valid. If you happen to be a two-year driver who knows just about all of your center's delivery area-I was in this category in my previous center-you may find yourself moved last minute because no one else knows the route someone just called out on. It isn't management's fault, but the contract assures you that you won't be caught in a bind due to this. If a driver who has been doing something else all week decides he'd rather take it easy on Friday and bump you, again, you are being re-assigned from your given assignment from that week. Why you were moved from that assignment is irrelevant, and the contract makes no concessions in that regard.
what would mr povich say about this over????