VAC hours

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BurntSienna, Sep 21, 2016.

1. BurntSienna

BurntSienna Member

I have 45 hours of unused VAC. I'm currently work on preload. I was attempting to qualify as a driver but didn't make it. I expect to be driving again during peak but in the meantime, what do I do with this accrued time? Is it use it or lose it?

2. hondo

hondo promoted to mediocrity

You should get paid the 45 hours, whether you take the time off or not. When they pay it out varies regionally, typically December or May. This should be covered in your regional supplement or local rider to the union contract, along with the vacation bidding (scheduling) practice.

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

If you didn't qualify outside of Peak what makes you think that you will be driving during Peak?

4. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

Yeah like UPS hires enough people for peak! LOL seriously it's ups they will use everyone to the max during peak and still have package failures.

5. BurntSienna

BurntSienna Member

I drove the last two peak seasons. I don't see why they wouldn't use me again. But you never know with this place. Apparently I'm good enough to drive peak but not good enough to get made permanent.

6. MendozaJ

MendozaJ Active Member

Use it. You've earned it. Should you qualify for driver, you won't get vacation for a year.

7. billerz

billerz Active Member

That depends on whether or not he goes full time, if he qualifies as a cover, he will still keep his vaca.

8. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

And he can take his vacation in February instead of being laid off.

9. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

They'll use him because they know he will run his butt off and not take lunch and deliver 300 stops a day.

10. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

More like a hundred plus stops in a rental for 10 hours. Back to the preload.