Vacation A Go-Go!

arice11

To quote an 80's band

"Vacation
All I ever wanted
Vacation
Had to get away"

I've been needing to ask the brown community about what the numbers and letters at the end of my pay-stub actually mean.
I know VAC means vacation right? And OPT means option day, but what are these others OTH?
Just a quick orientation of what I'm looking at here would be great thanks!

arice11

Thanks guys.
One more question. One of my building's office clerks said my vacation hours were sold to me at half the rate of their worth.
If that is indeed true, doesn't that seem a little messed up?

Thanks guys.
One more question. One of my building's office clerks said my vacation hours were sold to me at half the rate of their worth.
If that is indeed true, doesn't that seem a little messed up?
You can work your optional vacation week. Working your other vacations may vary by your building and your Local. In my building management almost always will let us work our vacations as we are always short on help.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
To quote an 80's band

"Vacation
All I ever wanted
Vacation
Had to get away"

I've been needing to ask the brown community about what the numbers and letters at the end of my pay-stub actually mean.
I know VAC means vacation right? And OPT means option day, but what are these others OTH?
Just a quick orientation of what I'm looking at here would be great thanks!
I thought you've worked here a couple of years....how do you not already know??

arice11

I thought you've worked here a couple of years....how do you not already know??

Cause I never take vacations. I still won't take one. Just wanted to know what the jargon and letters meant. I don't get along with or like most people in my building and I always get more informed answers here.
Boredom also has something to do with it. Hahaha

Kis124

I worked my vacation last week. They were so shorthanded. Now they. ... the new powers that be are forcing me to take this week off. I've always worked thru vacation. Don't know what to do with myself now lol

I worked my vacation last week. They were so shorthanded. Now they. ... the new powers that be are forcing me to take this week off. I've always worked thru vacation. Don't know what to do with myself now lol
The life of a PTer. Hope you did not cash that vacation check yet. Hang on to it for the Friday you do not receive a pay check. I try and keep a couple uncashed paychecks in my sock drawer (live checks) just for emergency's. You can always spend your off week looking for a better job or another PT job to supplement your UPS pay.