Vacation after worker's compensation

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by edd4, Jan 2, 2008.

1. edd4

edd4 New Member

I have been on worker's compensation for over 2 years with back surgery. It looks like I will be returning before May 1. Does anyone know if I will be entitled to my vacation, sick, and optional pay for this year, since I will be returning before the end of this vacation period?

2. paidslave

paidslave New Member

I believe that answer is YES! On the job injury doesn't reflect vacation ect.....Only pension vested credits! You retain all seniority!

3. smf0605

smf0605 Member

Yes, if you come back before May 1st, you will be entitled to your 2007/2008 vacation and then after May 1st you will be entitled to your 2008/2009 allotment.

4. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

I do believe I would talk with my union BA about this.

5. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Not in the south. Health benefits paid for 1 year,comp pay for 2 years max. NO paid vacation when you return. You have the weeks still but you must make your own benny payments for those weeks.

6. kait90

kait90 New Member

I have almost the same question. I was out on WC for almost a year and came back after my seniority date. I say I have 5 owed to me UPs says I only get 4 because I was out over 6 months. I am in the northeast, has any one heard of this?