vacation and disability

Ok so i have been on short term disabilty for 4 months and wont go back for another month I was told to go in to work to pick out my vacations for next year, well after i filled them out my manager told me that i may not receive all my vacation time due to not having enough points or days in????? i apparently need 156 to get my vacation for next year i was told i will have 143, now is this days reported to work?????? i was also told i wouldnt be able to find out until next year when we get our checks with new vacations, does anyone know how this works????

menotyou

bella amicizia
Considering I have been through this, unlike some others, you will get a most of your vacation time. It's prorated. I was on comp and came back in November of the following year. I received partial vacation( 1 and a half day's), and partial sick/personal days. I think I got one each. It's been a while.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Ok so i have been on short term disabilty for 4 months and wont go back for another month I was told to go in to work to pick out my vacations for next year, well after i filled them out my manager told me that i may not receive all my vacation time due to not having enough points or days in????? i apparently need 156 to get my vacation for next year i was told i will have 143, now is this days reported to work?????? i was also told i wouldnt be able to find out until next year when we get our checks with new vacations, does anyone know how this works????

Yes, somebody knows but they probably aren't going to materialize here.
Vacation language is usually contained in regional supplements.
As 407 said, contact someone knowledgable within your local.

barnyard

KTM rider
Considering I have been through this, unlike some others, you will get a most of your vacation time. It's prorated. I was on comp and came back in November of the following year. I received partial vacation( 1 and a half day's), and partial sick/personal days. I think I got one each. It's been a while.

Comp is significantly different than short-term disability.

tarbar66

Your supervisor or manager should have a chart or spreadsheet that tells him or her what everyone is entitled to. An email to payroll by them would be the easiest way to get your answer.

I remember people getting 3.3 days paid vacation and that person wanted to work 1.7 days because they needed the money.

packageguy

your best answer will come from your union hall, just a heads up look at your last check and see hours worked year to date see if it's the same as your center manager said it is.. good luck