vacation check is AWOL

neartom

Should have received my vacation check today. Did not. Upsers.com does not show it either. Hats off to payroll dept, scheduled vacation 6 months ago

Kae3106

If it was in the vacation calendar properly and you had the time available, it would have been paid. Payroll does not manually approve each and every vacation check...it's rather automated. If you didn't get paid then your management team either didn't get it entered properly or the system doesn't think you have any vacation time available.

Tell your sup, have him put in an adjustment request, and Payroll will either write you a check or tell you why you can't have it. :)

Can't file a grievance just yet.... The OP has to go through the motions and tell his SUP that he didn't get his vacation check that he isn't suppose to get until tomorrow to start....

Too early for a grievance---he has to give his mgt team a chance to correct the error.
Obviously you two geniuses I know the procedure but when you talk to your supervisor you have to tell them you are going to file if you don't get the check by Saturday.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Obviously you two geniuses I know the procedure but when you talk to your supervisor you have to tell them you are going to file if you don't get the check by Saturday.

That's not what you said----you said "grievance". This may surprise you but it is possible to work out disagreements with management without putting pen to paper.

All the OP has to do is go to work this morning and let his mgt team know that he did not receive his vacation check and ask them if they put it in to the system. They will research it and if it is their error they will correct----if they did indeed put his vacation in then payroll may have dropped the ball. In either case, provided the OP does have vacation time coming to him, a check will be issued in a timely manner and without a grievance filed.

Nimnim

The Nim

People regularly on this forum may know procedure, but someone coming here asking a question probably doesn't.

Of course a grievance can be filed, but until management has been informed and not responded in a timely manner any grievance filed will just get tossed out as it was done before management has been given a chance to respond per contract to an issue.

If you had said, "Contact management of the issue and if it's not corrected by scheduled vacation or in a reasonable time frame that you give them, file a grievance under article 17." then no one would have any complaint.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
I'm in the same boat. I was supposed to get 2 vacation checks this week. turns out my manger (transferred last month) never submitted any of my vacation picks. went in and told sup who handles my daily time card and he put them in and said i should get paid next week. a question i have to all is do your vacation checks come 2 weeks before scheduled vacations or 1 week. i know years ago it was 1 week but recently it was changed to 2 weeks prior. is this a nationwide rule or just my local?

UnloadDrone

Disgruntled...
I'm in the same boat. I was supposed to get 2 vacation checks this week. turns out my manger (transferred last month) never submitted any of my vacation picks. went in and told sup who handles my daily time card and he put them in and said i should get paid next week. a question i have to all is do your vacation checks come 2 weeks before scheduled vacations or 1 week. i know years ago it was 1 week but recently it was changed to 2 weeks prior. is this a nationwide rule or just my local?

Two weeks before. if you take two weeks in a row, I believe you get both checks at once two weeks before the first week off.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
timely manor is too late file asap tell them don't ask that you want a green check by Saturday,they always screw something up at ups

Mistakes happen. It could easily be management OR payroll....or both. Being a prick about it will not make them help you any faster. If they ignore it once they are aware, then by all means. There are too many people that think like you, and it's not good for anyone.

Yeah, if we did our jobs as efficiently we would be fired.. I would demand a green check...

1 mistake, and that demonstrates inefficiency?

Please provide me an example when a union employee was fired for one simple, easily fixable mistake.....???

"Demand" huh? Would you stomp into that office with a serious, 'this means BUSINESS!' face on? One hand on your hip while you shake your other fist in the air?

Settle down, Beavis.

That's not what you said----you said "grievance". This may surprise you but it is possible to work out disagreements with management without putting pen to paper.

All the OP has to do is go to work this morning and let his mgt team know that he did not receive his vacation check and ask them if they put it in to the system. They will research it and if it is their error they will correct----if they did indeed put his vacation in then payroll may have dropped the ball. In either case, provided the OP does have vacation time coming to him, a check will be issued in a timely manner and without a grievance filed.

I know this comment is automatically loved by everyone here on BC because of who wrote it, so it goes to say that I don't need to tell you that it is seriously 100% correct. Let's not make mountains out of mole hills.