Vacation Denied

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
======

Your just full of it, aren't you? Supervisor maybe?

What they gonna do...demand me to come in? Send a supervisor to my house to take my temp?

Try again.
Lmao. I started out hoping you got this week off.

Now I hope they pin your ass for chance they get.

box_beeyotch

====

Your too sensitive to be a teamster. Just everything you've been saying might happen, I've never seen it. I thank you for your assistance anyways.

Realistically speaking they will know what your up to, however they cant do anything about it if you say you're sick...especially if you really play the game well and come back with a doctor's note for one reason or another. It's not what they know, it's what they can prove...and they cant force you to work if you are "sick".

UPSGUY72

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what do you mean by a bid position?

And thanks for your help.

Close to 6 years...have never run into this problem before (having a vacation denied) so I've never put too much thought into this until now. Not the biggest of deals, just want to make sure they (mgmt) are playing by the rules.

I still might have a shot (i think, yes?) of getting it off because I looked again at the contract and my shift is over 85 people and according to the contract with centers of 80-85 people, 14 vacations can be granted for centers that large. The number management told me that were already off the week i wanted was 11...so, i suspect they should allow 3 more.

Really 6 years working at UPS and doesn't know what a bid position is ???

fordno16

Really 6 years working at UPS and doesn't know what a bid position is ???

Yes. Sorry if that doesn't impress you.

I have a full time job outside of UPS and am very happy with my position and hours I get at UPS...I have no concern about any other positions at UPS.

fordno16

Got it all taken care at work tonight. KQRSTKR was right. At my hub we only have to worry about those in our same area. Spoke to steward and mgmt. and had it approved.
Brownslave - maybe you should keep quiet if you don't know what you are talking about...which in this case, you clearly didn't. Your not doing anyone any favors by telling people what you think might happen. Everything you posted was pretty much incorrect. This goes for some of you others that just seem to want to crack a joke and see how many "likes" you get. Cute.

Thanks to those who actually tried to give good advice - you know who you are.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Got it all taken care at work tonight. KQRSTKR was right. At my hub we only have to worry about those in our same area. Spoke to steward and mgmt. and had it approved.
Brownslave - maybe you should keep quiet if you don't know what you are talking about...which in this case, you clearly didn't. Your not doing anyone any favors by telling people what you think might happen. Everything you posted was pretty much incorrect. This goes for some of you others that just seem to want to crack a joke and see how many "likes" you get. Cute.

[emoji106][emoji106]

UPSGUY72

those that live in glass house shouldn't throw stones.... My good advise for you is to join the real world and start paying attention to what going on and how things actually happen. 6 years a UPS and you still haven't a clue. I can only imagine what your like at your FT job....

fordno16

Seriously, I could care less what you think. Two posts and you still haven't added anything of benefit to this conversation. Just 2 snide comments from some faceless keyboard badass.

Rain Shield

I know you have been at UPS for 6 years and do not care about other positions. With that said, you should know your contract inside and out as well as so called company procedures.

Your life sitiuation could change in a heartbeat and not knowing your options could bite you.

Our contract is our Employee Hand Book for lack of a better term. The best thing about a contract is the rules have been agreed upon by the employer and the union. It can not change on a whim lime a traditional employee handbook.

Know it. It is a benefit that other people do jot have.

Great news on your vacation. Just know that with out that contract and the knowledge of your steward, you probably would have taken the time off looking over your shoulder.

fordno16

I know you have been at UPS for 6 years and do not care about other positions. With that said, you should know your contract inside and out as well as so called company procedures.

Your life sitiuation could change in a heartbeat and not knowing your options could bite you.

Our contract is our Employee Hand Book for lack of a better term. The best thing about a contract is the rules have been agreed upon by the employer and the union. It can not change on a whim lime a traditional employee handbook.

Know it. It is a benefit that other people do jot have.

Great news on your vacation. Just know that with out that contract and the knowledge of your steward, you probably would have taken the time off looking over your shoulder.
Thanks for the reply and advice.

I can certainly understand about life situations changing in a heartbeat. I'm a guy in his upper 30s who went back to school 6 years and took a job at UPS to help earn a little extra money and help with tuition. Got my BS degree and got a good job. I kept my job at UPS because I like it and I certainly appreciate the benefits of working union. I was in no way trying to belittle this work by saying I have no interest in any other work at UPS. I'm just happy where I am. It works perfectly for me.

As for learning the contract...trust me, I am certainly trying. But to be honest, I find some things in there quite vague. Hence my reason for my original post. Before even posting here I asked several stewards at work and others who have worked for several decades at UPS. I received different answers...not from all, but enough to make me question what was really true.

Thanks again.