Vacation: New Blocked Out Days from Memphis

Out of the Dark

We started the vacation bidding process. Along with our packets came new blocked out days deemed by Memphis.

Days before Labor Day are blocked. July 3rd is blocked off. Two days before Good Friday are partially blocked.

You get the drift. At least 9 months have blocked off days.

It is my understanding that some reserch team in Memphis came up with this and it is to take affect across the whole express division.

I am interested to know what you think about this?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We started the vacation bidding process. Along with our packets came new blocked out days deemed by Memphis.

Days before Labor Day are blocked. July 3rd is blocked off. Two days before Good Friday are partially blocked.

It is my understanding that some reserch team in Memphis came up with this and it is to take affect across the whole express division.

They really don't know when to quit being stupid, do they?

DontThrowPackages

I would think this is to stop employees from taking the entire week off and moving that " Bonus" day somewhere else on the calendar. I.E., take the week of the 4th of July off and you would still have another day to place on the calendar because of the paid holiday. Personally, I'm not bother either way.

SmithBarney

I would think this is to stop employees from taking the entire week off and moving that " Bonus" day somewhere else on the calendar. I.E., take the week of the 4th of July off and you would still have another day to place on the calendar because of the paid holiday. Personally, I'm not bother either way.

I agree we have one or two senior employees who take every "holiday" week then proceed to take every friday for the year.
Not to mention a few that no longer have children in school, who still insist on taking spring break, while others have
children who we have to get childcare for since they'd be home alone otherwise.(but that's a whole other issue)