Vacation Pay

Eman1978

Anyone ever have them forget to pay you for your vacation? This happened last week and was told that they don't know why. I was told it would be taken care of, but another week has gone by and still no check.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
:censored2:How do so many people have no idea :censored2: Eman1978, go into your center managers office 2morrow morning and demand a check next day'ed to your house and penalty pay. And get a copy of contract book for Christ sake:censored2:

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I would just go back and ask them again, pester them until you get paid. I'm sure they are working on it though and it just takes time. I would still bug them about it until I got paid.

Kae3106

I would just go back and ask them again, pester them until you get paid. I'm sure they are working on it though and it just takes time. I would still bug them about it until I got paid.

It should never take more than one business day. All they have to do is enter a manual check request into the Time and Labor system. (3-5 minutes) Payroll will process it as soon as it is received and NDA the check to your home or center.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Sure they are working on it?

They didn't do their job in the first place or he would of gotten the check two weeks before vacation. If they were working on it he would of gotten a check the next day.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I would post online and not ask anyone about it in my center.
Not that I don't agree with u but this place wouldn't exist if everyone just asked people in their center for answers to all their questions.

Also I don't work in one but some centers have very few employees. I'm talking under 50 total. It's realistic that no one in one if these centers would have any idea what to do.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It should never take more than one business day. All they have to do is enter a manual check request into the Time and Labor system. (3-5 minutes) Payroll will process it as soon as it is received and NDA the check to your home or center.

I have always been curious---why doesn't payroll just EFT the funds the same way it does with our weekly paychecks?

Kae3106

There's a system limitation that prevents using EFT for these daily checks. There's also a two day turn around time with the banks as we would send the wire payment to our bank which has to distribute the funds to the various banks used by the employees. Though it doesn't seem logical, sending a check NDA actually gets the funds to the employee faster.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Eman1978

:censored2:How do so many people have no idea :censored2: Eman1978, go into your center managers office 2morrow morning and demand a check next day'ed to your house and penalty pay. And get a copy of contract book for Christ sake:censored2:
Thanks for the advice, I did this and my check is being sent NDA. I appreciate you candor.

Sent using BrownCafe App

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Sure they are working on it?

They didn't do their job in the first place or he would of gotten the check two weeks before vacation. If they were working on it he would of gotten a check the next day.
Sure they should have done it right the first time, everyone should do their jobs right the first time. That always isn't the case though is it? Hence the reason why I said bug them about it until he gets paid.