Vacation Question:

BMWSauber1991

Use it or lose it. I think you can still roll over your sick time but you have to tell them to or they will cash you out.

Does this apply to all UPS employees regardless of location? Does this include ft/pt management, ft/pt union and non union per hour employees? Basically, is it the same policy for everyone in the company?

I just want to save my vacation so I can take a full month off and go on vacation to Europe, Canada, or South America. Plus if I wait to use what I have it will give me more time to save for a nice trip. Really if I could get a month off unpaid I'd be happy with that, or two weeks vaca and two weeks unpaid.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Does this apply to all UPS employees regardless of location? Does this include ft/pt management, ft/pt union and non union per hour employees? Basically, is it the same policy for everyone in the company?

I just want to save my vacation so I can take a full month off and go on vacation to Europe, Canada, or South America. Plus if I wait to use what I have it will give me more time to save for a nice trip. Really if I could get a month off unpaid I'd be happy with that, or two weeks vaca and two weeks unpaid.

We're here for your happiness. Who would do your job while you're gone?

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
If you have the time off, that is. If you have two weeks in VAC or more, then you can use them within two weeks of saying so. You also need to state, afterwords, you will be needed more time off.

Well, lets restart this conversation. How long are you in? Do you have VAC days, OP days or weeks on your paycheck. UPS often allows 3 months in leave, without pay, a year.

What is the bottom part of your paycheck saying?

Cementups

Box Monkey
No such luck unless you are a 20+ year employee and are able to get a block of 4 consecutive weeks. vacation weeks do NOT carry over. use or lose.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Well if I did not take vacation for two years and worked while other people where on vacation I would hope that other employees showed up to work. Is this a serious question? I find the answer to be obvious.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting how that "everyone pulls together" thing works. I see it every day in both management and non-management personnel. Ha Ha

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Again you confuse me. What are you talking about? I have only worked here 27 years, I haven't heard about this one.

Well, UPS does allow a three month time off for family related issues. Yet, I've seen people take more then that off for family or themselves. Dont tell I'm more informed then you, that would be crazy.

Ouch

Its pretty simple your contract tells you how many vacation weeks you get. The company comes around and ask you to pick which optikn you want. You can choose to use your vacation or sale some back. There is no option for carry overs. You either pick to take your weeks or you sale them back.