Vacation selection question?

UPSGUY72

We pick all at once in seniority order except if you elected to combine a combination of your personal days and sicks into another week you pick that week after everyone has picked there vacation and then again it goes by seniority.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Sounds like what the op described should be the way it works. Still gives preference to high seniority employees but it still gives low seniority people some decent selections.

The only people that ever think this way are the bottom feeders.

Senoirity gives privilege. Fortunately for me it's never much mattered. I've been able to get most of the vacations that I wanted for most of my 20 year career. Even when i wanted summer. This last time I took 2nd week in May, a week in June, Labor day week (last week), week of Halloween (so I can be home for Trick or Treat) and the last week in March. I spread my 5 weeks out.

If I have a lower seniority driver who I am on good terms with ask me to avoid a week so they could possibly get that week I will try and accommodate as I hardly ever have any set plans for my vacation time. But if you ask and have screwed me over before then sorry about your luck, and best wishes.

The only people that ever think this way are the bottom feeders.

Senoirity gives privilege. Fortunately for me it's never much mattered. I've been able to get most of the vacations that I wanted for most of my 20 year career. Even when i wanted summer. This last time I took 2nd week in May, a week in June, Labor day week (last week), week of Halloween (so I can be home for Trick or Treat) and the last week in March. I spread my 5 weeks out.

If I have a lower seniority driver who I am on good terms with ask me to avoid a week so they could possibly get that week I will try and accommodate as I hardly ever have any set plans for my vacation time. But if you ask and have screwed me over before then sorry about your luck, and best wishes.
Dont mess up cement Ups golf weeks!..lol

Squint

No more work for me!
When Election Day became a floating holiday, I used to schedule the week before Thanksgiving week off for a vacation week. Then when I returned on the Monday of Thanksgiving week I would use that as my floating holiday then call out sick Tuesday and Wednesday and essentially get almost two full weeks of vacation right before peak. They never caught on and I did this every year after the holiday became floating.

Last edited:

iruhnman630

didn't some locals go to a selection process where 2 weeks are picked the first time around, with the rest picked the second time around?

I say seniority rules. If you want to burn all your weeks in one chunck, more power to ya.