Vacation spots

UPS Lifer

This thread was started before I joined BC! I find it ironic that I was on my retirement celebration in Tahiti! Anyway....no one said Sedona AZ! That's good! :wink: We want to keep it a secret so don't tell anyone about the beatiful red rocks and hiking trails up the wazoo. Please don't let anyone know about the great restaurants or Art Galleries reminiscent of Sante Fe NM!!

Don't know if this is true, but when Teddy R was going around the country looking to create National Parks he was heading south for Sedona and got called back to Washington when he hit Flagstaff (45 min to the north!). I wouldn't be calling this home if he had made it south!!

PLEASE don't tell anyone about it!:lol:

diesel96

Like my profile states, anywhere with sand, palm trees and a tiki bar, with some live music like Jimmy Buffet or a Reagge band and a dance floor...Also some Motorcycle trips were planning in the next few years thru the Smokeys/Blue Ridge, New England, and the Pacific Coast Hway....there's no hills where I live...wow this is an old thread but I guess we should all be thinking Vacations..Why ?...October is coming up and you know what that means...Vacation picking time !!

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
My wife is stuck on the Redneck Rivera. (Destin Florida) We usually go at least once a year and sometimes twice. Whenever I mention going someplace else she starts pouting.

UPS Lifer

Coffee Pot restuarant, omelet number 95.

That is one of my favorite breakfast spots ...sitting in the back terrace. When I tell people I live under Coffee Pot Rock in Soldiers Pass....I get blank stares back like "what's a coffee pot rock??". You know the fall is a beautiful time to visit. Warm days - cool nights - less rain and fall colors in late October.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Tuscon Az. to my brothers house for a winter break and then next summer the pilgrimage to the land of Stewie's roots. Mayo Ireland and the 1st gathering of the Mac Hale Clan in Swinford County Mayo.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
This thread was started before I joined BC! I find it ironic that I was on my retirement celebration in Tahiti! Anyway....no one said Sedona AZ! That's good! :wink: We want to keep it a secret so don't tell anyone about the beatiful red rocks and hiking trails up the wazoo. Please don't let anyone know about the great restaurants or Art Galleries reminiscent of Sante Fe NM!!

Don't know if this is true, but when Teddy R was going around the country looking to create National Parks he was heading south for Sedona and got called back to Washington when he hit Flagstaff (45 min to the north!). I wouldn't be calling this home if he had made it south!!

Love Arizona my brother has his getaway house in Tuscon . Awesome hiking you can be in the mountains in 15 minutes and drive to a different mini climate in a half hour.Sitting in a sidewalk cafe in December drinking a micro brew with shorts and a tee shirt . It doesn't get any better. I was checking air fares today.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tuscon Az. to my brothers house for a winter break and then next summer the pilgrimage to the land of Stewie's roots. Mayo Ireland and the 1st gathering of the Mac Hale Clan in Swinford County Mayo.
Our (16 yr.) neighbors just moved to Oracle Arizona.....nearest big city is Tucson. They chose a Robson retirement community at Saddlebrook Ranch.

rod

Retired 22 years

Traffic in Sedona will drive you nuts

LarryBird

Has anyone here been to wine country/napa valley?

I'm considering going there on vacation around labor day week, and I'd like to know what some of you think.

It would be an adult couple, with no children involved, so lack of fun for the kiddies plays no part in our decision.

Also under consideration is Colorado, so any comparison or recommendations of one over the other would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"

I'm considering going there on vacation around labor day week, and I'd like to know what some of you think.

It would be an adult couple, with no children involved, so lack of fun for the kiddies plays no part in our decision.

Also under consideration is Colorado, so any comparison or recommendations of one over the other would be appreciated.

Golden is a good base for a vacation and exploring Colorado.

MAKAVELI

Best weather for NorCal that time of the year plus not to far from the Bay Area.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Where-to-stay-in-Cinque-Terre-Italy_5.jpg

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Love Arizona my brother has his getaway house in Tuscon . Awesome hiking you can be in the mountains in 15 minutes and drive to a different mini climate in a half hour.Sitting in a sidewalk cafe in December drinking a micro brew with shorts and a tee shirt . It doesn't get any better. I was checking air fares today.
Tucson is a cool town, considering moving out there post retirement.