Vacation Time??? Help

wprpii

Is there a phone# you can call to see when your vacation is? This year our supervisors didnt give us a sheet to see what vacation weeks we got.

Thanks.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Your sup will have a list of all vacations. They are also required to give you a copy of your approved weeks. Request it, if they fail to comply file on it.

rod

Retired 22 years
How can you not know when your vacation is? There were times I didn't know which way was up, who's on first or what color the sky was in someone world but I always knew when I was going on vacation.:wink2:

OK thanks.

Reason I ask is I got 2 checks today(Friday). So I don't know if Im going to be on vacation next week.

The company pays vacations two weeks ahead now (at least in our neck of the woods) so more than likely your on vacation the week after next.

lg4real

i havent recieved my vacation pay for the two weeks i had off. So to make sure i was off on the right week i asked my manager to check on it. She looked on the computer and told me that i didn't have week ending 6/27/09 and 7/4/09 off. But that my vacation was for 7/4/09 and 7/11/09. having that information I had to cancel my vacation plans. came to work the following monday to find out that i was on vacation???? so i agreed to work unless someone was to come in and relieve me, in hopes to continue with my vac plans. minus the need funds to enjoy my self on. well that never happeded. Because the person that could have replaced me came in late. and instead of letting me go they sent her to unload for being late. some new policy they were enforcing. Since they said I was off they asked if I could come in thurs 25th (pay day) and fri 26th. I had to come in anyway to get my checks. came in to work and once again did not recieve my checks for vacation. heated beyoned believe. worked rest of shift but did not go in on fri. but returnrd to pick up vac pay on 7/2/09 just one day left of my two week vacation. to to only get one check and it was for the two days i had worked the week before. now the 4th of july is here i had a check for two days hrs mind you i am only a part timer of almost 4 yrs. you do the math!! Not a very happy person at this point.
should i file a greviance or can i?

Heres what I think? When I receive my green check(that i wont get untill AFTER the holiday) i think i should start my two weeks vac then.
seeng as they made me cancell my HOLIDAY Vac plans, to find out i still didnt get paid with just One day left of vac and on a holiday weekend. Broke with only a 7hr paycheck. i feel that the way UPS is in all hubs that i know of starts vac after you get pay check. and they have me working two days and that would mean they just have down as a no call no show. I think they should give me my two weeks when i get that green check and for them messing up my hole holiday vacation they should consider my absent days absent but not penalize me for not being there. and that will at the least be a decent agrrement for their mistake. and move on from there. what do you think?

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
i havent recieved my vacation pay for the two weeks i had off. So to make sure i was off on the right week i asked my manager to check on it. She looked on the computer and told me that i didn't have week ending 6/27/09 and 7/4/09 off. But that my vacation was for 7/4/09 and 7/11/09. having that information I had to cancel my vacation plans. came to work the following monday to find out that i was on vacation???? so i agreed to work unless someone was to come in and relieve me, in hopes to continue with my vac plans. minus the need funds to enjoy my self on. well that never happeded. Because the person that could have replaced me came in late. and instead of letting me go they sent her to unload for being late. some new policy they were enforcing. Since they said I was off they asked if I could come in thurs 25th (pay day) and fri 26th. I had to come in anyway to get my checks. came in to work and once again did not recieve my checks for vacation. heated beyoned believe. worked rest of shift but did not go in on fri. but returnrd to pick up vac pay on 7/2/09 just one day left of my two week vacation. to to only get one check and it was for the two days i had worked the week before. now the 4th of july is here i had a check for two days hrs mind you i am only a part timer of almost 4 yrs. you do the math!! Not a very happy person at this point.
should i file a greviance or can i?

Heres what I think? When I receive my green check(that i wont get untill AFTER the holiday) i think i should start my two weeks vac then.
seeng as they made me cancell my HOLIDAY Vac plans, to find out i still didnt get paid with just One day left of vac and on a holiday weekend. Broke with only a 7hr paycheck. i feel that the way UPS is in all hubs that i know of starts vac after you get pay check. and they have me working two days and that would mean they just have down as a no call no show. I think they should give me my two weeks when i get that green check and for them messing up my hole holiday vacation they should consider my absent days absent but not penalize me for not being there. and that will at the least be a decent agrrement for their mistake. and move on from there. what do you think?
Talk to a steward. At the very least you have a grievance for penalty pay. They may be willing to work with you on time because they dropped the ball.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Talk to a steward. At the very least you have a grievance for penalty pay. They may be willing to work with you on time because they dropped the ball.

I wouldn't expect UPS to bend on the time if you get the union involved with the penalty pay!!! the union shouldnt even be involved in reality. Though its good to inform management that you are going the union route if they do not take care of the green check. basically, you *should* be able to have your cake and eat it in that situation.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
I wouldn't expect UPS to bend on the time if you get the union involved with the penalty pay!!! the union shouldnt even be involved in reality. Though its good to inform management that you are going the union route if they do not take care of the green check. basically, you *should* be able to have your cake and eat it in that situation.
Why shouldn't the union be involved? He has a grievable offense.

helenofcalifornia

Check your start times to see who is on vaca and who is not. Too late for you this week, but in the future, if they are not posting the vaca schedule for all to see (and why not I wonder) this will answer your vaca question.

UPSGUY72

Is there a phone# you can call to see when your vacation is? This year our supervisors didnt give us a sheet to see what vacation weeks we got.

Thanks.

Didn't you pick what weeks you wanted for vaction??? You pick your vaction weeks by senority and the lowest people don't get much to pick from but you should know what week you picked.