Vacation Time Question

Discussion in 'UPS Freight' started by NewUPSguy, Dec 10, 2013.

1. NewUPSguy

NewUPSguy New Member

I recently realized I still have 20 hours left of vacation time. Will I get paid for that unused time? I've looked on the forums, some have gotten paid, others said must be used. Anyone know? Does it matter where you work? Im in Fl. Really hoping I didnt miss out on the paycheck. I am parttime preloader. Thanks.
  2. LVBrown1

LVBrown1 New Member

They will pay out any unused vacation at the end of the year.
  3. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

I had a day of vacation time left, and they paid it out last week. Was going to use it for the 26th, still taking the day off.
  4. LaUpser

LaUpser Member

Yep I got paid out last week also I though it was strange cause usually it's later I N the month

Sent from device_name using BrownCafe App
  5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

It's usually on or around the 15th.
  6. mikecahill55

mikecahill55 New Member

I am a dock worker been for about a year now my boss told me I need to wait 5 years before I can get vacation time is this true ?
  7. sppollock

sppollock Member

Unfortunately yes, as a part time employee you will not get a paid vacation for 5 years...
  8. sparko

sparko New Member

Our vacation schedule runs from 05/01/15 to 04/30/16. So if I don't schedule to take vacation, UPS will payoff my time in December 2015 or December 2016? Usually I get sick time/optional time payoff for the previous year in May of the next year. I'm not sure how it works for vacations, though.