Vacation Week question

lovemyupser

My husband is on vacation this week. He said something about working some of the days to me. Well when he talked to his supervisor they said he couldn't work because it was against union policy. Every year he has worked some days of his vacation without a problem. The reason he wanted to work this on was because he wants an office chair that is like $300. I tried to tell him it wasn't a big deal and he didn't have to work. But he is the type that he doesn't want to pull money from savings for this chair. He would rather work a few extra days. So does anyone know if working on your vacation is against union policy or is someone telling him a line of BS.

tourists24

My husband is on vacation this week. He said something about working some of the days to me. Well when he talked to his supervisor they said he couldn't work because it was against union policy. Every year he has worked some days of his vacation without a problem. The reason he wanted to work this on was because he wants an office chair that is like $300. I tried to tell him it wasn't a big deal and he didn't have to work. But he is the type that he doesn't want to pull money from savings for this chair. He would rather work a few extra days. So does anyone know if working on your vacation is against union policy or is someone telling him a line of BS.
take the vacation......

iruhnman630

Vacation payoffs must be declared at selection time and they are paid off at the beginning of the year.

The union cracked down last year to put an end to higher seniority picking the good weeks and then working those weeks while taking away a lower seniority employees' opportunity to have those good weeks off.

old levi's

blank space

Given your screen name, I bet you could make him completely forget about that chair.

kingOFchester

My opinion, If your only option for getting a $300 chair is to A) work during vacation or B) Tap into savings.......you MAY need to rethink your finances.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Given your screen name, I bet you could make him completely forget about that chair.

Maybe, she had plans for the him and the chair.
I would definitely get my money's worth out of it. I like chairs. :winks:

You like everything. I bet you will even like this post. So I'm like, waiting.

You just want to know what I do with those chairs!

"like"

:rofl: :rofl:

Thank you both for your meaningful contributions to the thread.

To the OP--here in Upstate NY we are no longer allowed to work our vacations. As my on-car so aptly put it, why would they want to pay us twice? Letting your husband work could mean that a casual/cover driver is not able to work. Also, as was stated above, this prevents the higher seniority guys from choosing the more premium weeks and then working them. Tell your hubby to enjoy his vacation.

menotyou

bella amicizia

To the OP--here in Upstate NY we are no longer allowed to work our vacations. As my on-car so aptly put it, why would they want to pay us twice? Letting your husband work could mean that a casual/cover driver is not able to work. Tell your hubby to enjoy his vacation.
This has already been covered. Try and keep up.

And thank you for finally noticing my contributions and acknowledging them. "meaningful" T-shirt worthy.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

To the OP--here in Upstate NY we are no longer allowed to work our vacations. As my on-car so aptly put it, why would they want to pay us twice? Letting your husband work could mean that a casual/cover driver is not able to work. Also, as was stated above, this prevents the higher seniority guys from choosing the more premium weeks and then working them. Tell your hubby to enjoy his vacation.

Tell your on car that in other parts if the country, beyond the bubble of goodness, they love paying drivers twice when they work through a vacation.
This way they can avoid hiring and paying additional pension and health benefits.

diadman

In Salt Lake, we are so short on drivers they offer time and 1/2 to work your vacation, that works out to approx $2500 + for the week.

I still take my vacation

Cementups

Box Monkey
I can't help but laugh at your post. Having lots of sex is a little hard when you have a 5 year old and a 17 year old in the house.

Rubbish!!! Where there is a will, there's a way. Have the 17 year old take the 5 year old to see a movie (Beauty and the Beast is out). There, I just freed up 2 hours of your day.

lovemyupser

Rubbish!!! Where there is a will, there's a way. Have the 17 year old take the 5 year old to see a movie (Beauty and the Beast is out). There, I just freed up 2 hours of your day.

Thank you for freeing up part of my day. Now if you can do you want to plan out the rest of my day. I have a hell of a time trying to plan my days out. Besides the kids and husband I go to school full time and deal with all the stuff at home.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Thank you for freeing up part of my day. Now if you can do you want to plan out the rest of my day. I have a hell of a time trying to plan my days out. Besides the kids and husband I go to school full time and deal with all the stuff at home.
Cement was just trying to be helpful. :happy-very:

Not sure how we got here, but right now is as good a time as any.

Cementups

Box Monkey

Cement was just trying to be helpful. :happy-very:

Not sure how we got here, but right now is as good a time as any.

Yeah, no doubt. I've got two little kids at home and drive a brown truck all day and have responsibilities, but more importantly I always make time for "us". We made it quite clear long ago that if there isn't any time made for us then eventually there may be no us.