Vacation

Thano

Hello people i was wondering if i could get some input on this question? First my hire in date is 10/15/10 my steward told me and showed me. My question is will i receive my vacation for this year, because my steward was not very certain if i would be able to use it that it might just go into next year time. And that is what one of the lead sups said too but was certain. Then the last few days i have been talking with the 30 year vets which one was the steward before this last on and they told me that vacation doesn't get carried over and i would just lose it. I was wondering if i could get some help.

UPSGUY72

Hello people i was wondering if i could get some input on this question? First my hire in date is 10/15/10 my steward told me and showed me. My question is will i receive my vacation for this year, because my steward was not very certain if i would be able to use it that it might just go into next year time. And that is what one of the lead sups said too but was certain. Then the last few days i have been talking with the 30 year vets which one was the steward before this last on and they told me that vacation doesn't get carried over and i would just lose it. I was wondering if i could get some help.

You need to read your Rider. In New England you need to have been on the payroll for 1 year and have work 135 Days in order to receive your vacation.

Read your contract and Rider it has all the information you need to answer your question.