Vacation?

steeltoe

The supplement I fall under states that an employee who has a seniority date before July 31, 1990 will have vacation accrual date of January 1 of the year of employment. I am getting different answers as to what this means.

If an employye has a start date in 1989, then their vacation accrual date would be january 1 of 1989. Here is the question. Would the year of 1989 be considered the first complete year; therfore making 2013 the 25th year considering vacation and an additional week is earned? Does JUanuary 1 throudh December 31st count as a full year, or is the year not earned until January 1 rolls back around?

I would think it would work the same as it does for retirement. If you work the minimum number of hours the first year, that first year is counted toward retirement. I know vacations are earned by reports, and not hours.

Any help?

saintrick

When you complete the 25th year (2013) your earn the additional week for the 2014 vacation schedule.

Correct me if I am wrong guys.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
25 years. I can't wait. Ill be more worried about retirement than vacation though. Lol

Good luck call your BA or talk to a steward.