Vacation

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by whome, Jan 16, 2014.

1. whome

whome Member

OPD 12.00. OPW 25.00. VAC 0.00 so my question is will my vacation time show up after my hire date which is sept 4 2012?

2. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Yes After 1 year you get vacation not before.

3. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Your vacation hours will show up on your check after Sept 4th.

4. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

You should go on an Alaska cruise.

5. bleedinbrown58

Lmao....I've heard good things about them, would like to go one day.

6. saintrick

saintrick Member

I
    Are the 25 hours not your vacation?

7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The 25 hours is his optional personal week.

8. Funfact

No vacation time is under VAC and it should show up as weeks, OPD is optional days and it shows up as hrs and OPW is Sick days and again it show up as hrs.

9. Funfact

It's not a week those are hours I thought OPD where personal time / hrs and OPW is sick time / hrs.

10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

OPD and OTH are personal and sick days. OPW is optional personal week.

11. saintrick

saintrick Member

So he has worked long enough to earn an option week buy no vacation?

12. Funfact

You have to be with the company a year in order to earn vacation a vacation week. The other days / personal / optional time is taken a day here a day there.

13. Funfact

my fault your right.

14. saintrick

saintrick Member

He has worked a year.
    If he is in the central and I understand it correctly he should have his 25 option and 25 for vacation.

15. bleedinbrown58

Technically, at least in my local...you can't take your vacation before your seniority date (hire date). Management can make exceptions but you won't get paid for it until after your seniority date. He was hired sept 4th....sometime after Sept 4th of this year...you can take your two weeks vacation.

16. RealPerson

RealPerson Active Member

Depends on if He worked Enough hours... I also believe it is 20 hours for each week of Vacation except for the optional week of 25 hours.

17. RealPerson

RealPerson Active Member

He has been with the Company ONE year already
    Sept 2012 - Sept 2013
    This is Jan 2014

18. Funfact

You vacation time should show up at the begin of you vacation year when ever that is since you have been with the company over a year. In my area are vacation year is May 1 to April 30. The only time vacation should be add to your check on your seniority date would be when your vacation increase a year.

I see you have 12 hr or OPD which is optional days and OPW with is and Option week that means you must of chosen to take you sick days and make them a week. Since you have been with the company less than 2 two years you should have 1 week of vacation and after Sept 4 of this year another week should be given to you.

Everything depends what time your vacation year runs....

19. bleedinbrown58

I can read. My seniority date is in july....I'm entitled to 3 weeks vacation, but my paystub currently lists my vacation hours as zero. Our vacation year runs May 1st-April 30th but any weeks vacation I take before July, I will not be paid for until my seniority date.

20. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

My check today showed only my optional week. I'm not officially eligible for my other 6 weeks until late Feb.