Vacation

whome

OPD 12.00. OPW 25.00. VAC 0.00 so my question is will my vacation time show up after my hire date which is sept 4 2012?

saintrick

He has worked a year.
If he is in the central and I understand it correctly he should have his 25 option and 25 for vacation.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Technically, at least in my local...you can't take your vacation before your seniority date (hire date). Management can make exceptions but you won't get paid for it until after your seniority date. He was hired sept 4th....sometime after Sept 4th of this year...you can take your two weeks vacation.

RealPerson

Depends on if He worked Enough hours... I also believe it is 20 hours for each week of Vacation except for the optional week of 25 hours.

RealPerson

Technically, at least in my local...you can't take your vacation before your seniority date (hire date). Management can make exceptions but you won't get paid for till after your seniority date. He was hired sept 4th....sometime after Sept 4th of this year...you can take your two weeks vacation.

He has been with the Company ONE year already
Sept 2012 - Sept 2013
This is Jan 2014

UPSGUY72

OPD 12.00. OPW 25.00. VAC 0.00 so my question is will my vacation time show up after my hire date which is sept 4 2012?

You vacation time should show up at the begin of you vacation year when ever that is since you have been with the company over a year. In my area are vacation year is May 1 to April 30. The only time vacation should be add to your check on your seniority date would be when your vacation increase a year.

I see you have 12 hr or OPD which is optional days and OPW with is and Option week that means you must of chosen to take you sick days and make them a week. Since you have been with the company less than 2 two years you should have 1 week of vacation and after Sept 4 of this year another week should be given to you.

Everything depends what time your vacation year runs....

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
He has been with the Company ONE year already
Sept 2012 - Sept 2013
This is Jan 2014
I can read. My seniority date is in july....I'm entitled to 3 weeks vacation, but my paystub currently lists my vacation hours as zero. Our vacation year runs May 1st-April 30th but any weeks vacation I take before July, I will not be paid for until my seniority date.