Vacation

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
No, you will not be allowed to take your part time vacations once you start driving. You will get paid off for them and will have to wait a year to get full time vacations.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
To clarify, not a full year, the beginning of the next UPS year after making seniority. so if you make seniority as a driver April 1 and your year starts May 1, your vacation would reset 5/1.

logmymind

guys..I spend about $3000 for vacation package...on january.
And I got a call February.hr call me driving school schedule is maybe end of this month or first week of may..and travel agent say Can't cancel vacation..sad.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brown stains

And I got a call February.hr call me driving school schedule is maybe end of this month or first week of may..and travel agent say Can't cancel vacation..sad.

Sent using BrownCafe App
That would be a nice gift for you to
Give me

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I went full time package in 2006 and they allowed me to go on vacation and come back where I left off in my 30 days. Now this could all be based on location, and it being in 2006, or maybe the boss man was just cool about it, who knows. You could try finding whoever is in charge and asking him. Couldn't hurt to ask. Some guys are sticklers for the rules, some don't give a :censored2:.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Sent using BrownCafe App
Explain the situation to the boss. Despite what you read on this site, many are actually human.

grgrcr88

To be more precise, you need to look in your supplement. I can only go by what the central region says. Article 16 page 211

"Any employee who attains seniority must work an entire year in order to be eligible for vacation. Once eligible. the employee will select an available week between the eligibility date and the week of Thanksgiving of that year. If there are no weeks available the employee will be paid in lieu of time off. The option week may be taken after the completion of the eligible year."

beavis

It's up to the discretion of management. I've seen people allowed to take their vacations once going full time and I've seen people not allowed to. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Feederquacker

To be more precise, you need to look in your supplement. I can only go by what the central region says. Article 16 page 211

"Any employee who attains seniority must work an entire year in order to be eligible for vacation. Once eligible. the employee will select an available week between the eligibility date and the week of Thanksgiving of that year. If there are no weeks available the employee will be paid in lieu of time off. The option week may be taken after the completion of the eligible year."
Now is that for "New Hires" or for PT to FT employees? Also, if a PTer was a cover driver and obtained enough reports to get paid for FT vacation n sick days then does that year still apply seeing that he/she already gets paid at the rate and time of a FT driver... ie $32/hr for 45 hours vacation. I've seen PT to FT employees get paid out for their vacations for the rest of the year when they make it to FT since the rate of pay and hours credited are different but never if the two are the same as FT.

Sent using BrownCafe App

grgrcr88

Now is that for "New Hires" or for PT to FT employees? Also, if a PTer was a cover driver and obtained enough reports to get paid for FT vacation n sick days then does that year still apply seeing that he/she already gets paid at the rate and time of a FT driver... ie $32/hr for 45 hours vacation. I've seen PT to FT employees get paid out for their vacations for the rest of the year when they make it to FT since the rate of pay and hours credited are different but never if the two are the same as FT.

Sent using BrownCafe App

It is for both. In the Central, if a p/t'er works 30 days in a 90 day period as a full time driver they would be gain seniority as full time and would at that point gain all full time status. Except during November and December!!

Feederquacker

It is for both. In the Central, if a p/t'er works 30 days in a 90 day period as a full time driver they would be gain seniority as full time and would at that point gain all full time status. Except during November and December!!
Well that blows Donkey Balls! I covered Feeders as a PTer for 3 years before bidding into FT as a Feeder driver. I was fortunate enough to have worked enough to gain FT vacation time paid at my cover rate. I also kept my cover rate (85% of prevailing package rate) for all of my progression. Honestly I wish they would credit us the time toward progression if enough reports were obtained. I know for 2 years as a coverage driver, I had 200+ reports. It's one reason they put on more drivers here. We worked constantly!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Johney

If there are other drivers starting the same time as this driver will they gain seniority before him/her if he gets the week off and misses the 5 days , but the other person does not?

Feederquacker

If there are other drivers starting the same time as this driver will they gain seniority before him/her if he gets the week off and misses the 5 days , but the other person does not?
As soon as he/she qualifies, the original start date should be the seniority date.

I started in Feeders the same day as another fellow but I had already been qualified. I gained seniority immediately and his seniority was backdated as soon as he qualified. Since he started with the company before I did, he is senior to me. I was told by Management that they would go ahead and put me ahead since I was already qualified but I refused to allow that. It wouldn't have been right.

Sent using BrownCafe App