vacations schedule needed already

otizanig

Is it me or does it seem mgmt. needs are vacations schedules earlier and earlier. come on, peek hasn't even started and they want your vacation schedules already

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Is it me or does it seem mgmt. needs are vacations schedules earlier and earlier. come on, peek hasn't even started and they want your vacation schedules already
In my local...vacation schedules for.the following year must be done by December 1st...just did mine last week.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
Bidding for vacations has always started at the first of November. If you're asked to bid earlier each year it's probably because you are gaining more seniority. I bid mine on Nov 3 this year.

20141124_194201.jpg
Thanksgiving week,was blacked out this year. (2015)

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
What's funny is that when I started, getting a vacation in the summer was tough. With no senority, you were lucky to even get one. Now I can grab 6 there and no one bats an eye.
With all the crazy winter weather we've had in the Northeast, January and February are almost untouchable unless you're in the top 10% on the senority list.
I remember always taking Super Bowl week off, now that's a pipe dream for another 10 years. LOL

Oak

In the Southern, the blackout period is from the Monday after Thanksgiving through December 25th.

What's funny is that when I started, getting a vacation in the summer was tough. With no senority, you were lucky to even get one.
Now with all the crazy winter weather we've had in the Northeast, January and February are almost untouchable unless you're in the top 10% on the senority list.
I remember always taking Super Bowl week off, now that's a pipe dream for another 10 years. LOL
Always thought about taking a winter vaction. But so glad I didn't,when summer comes!