Vacations..senority

c79j

:crying: Help..looking for info on posting vacations...I am an article 22.3 combo job and have been for 5 years my company seniority date is 1980 because I worked part time for 20 years...For the last few years I have been the only combo job in my center...Vacation planner were posted and another guy was listed above me on the planner...When I asked about it I was told he was a displaced driver and they awarded him the article 22.3 job in the afternoon..I work mornings..He has a year of company seniority on me...BUT>>my question is would they go by classification since I had been in this classification longer..or is it by company seniority...My sups tell me it is company seniority..I was just wondering how other centers do it...Thanks...

xkingx

i too wondered aboutthis but a few people told me....bidding wise it goes by senority in that classification...accumalation is company senority...at least thats how theyve been doing me...

LKLND3380

:crying: Help..looking for info on posting vacations...I am an article 22.3 combo job and have been for 5 years my company seniority date is 1980 because I worked part time for 20 years...For the last few years I have been the only combo job in my center...Vacation planner were posted and another guy was listed above me on the planner...When I asked about it I was told he was a displaced driver and they awarded him the article 22.3 job in the afternoon..I work mornings..He has a year of company seniority on me...BUT>>my question is would they go by classification since I had been in this classification longer..or is it by company seniority...My sups tell me it is company seniority..I was just wondering how other centers do it...Thanks...

ARTICLE 22. PART-TIME EMPLOYEES

Section 6. Part-Time Employee Transfer

Part-time employees who wish to transfer to another location for educational purposes may submit a written request to the Employer. If approved, the transfer shall be allowed subject to the following conditions:

A. A part-time opening exists at the desired location.

B. Employees must have attained seniority and been employed by the Employeer for at least one (1) year.

C. Job Classification Seniority shal be end-tailed.

D. Company seniority shall be retained for the purpose of number of weeks of vacation, and number of holidays in accordance with the applicable Supplement at the new location.

E. Any expenses, including moving expenses associated with an approved transfer, shall be the responsibillity of the employee.