Vacations

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I agree with anywhere in the Caribbean but St Thomas is the best. Great beaches, shopping and outstanding restaurants. Just remember to drive on the wrong side of the road.

I was in St. Thomas yesterday, and it has been the best stop so far on my cruise. We sailed on a catamaran out to a coral reef and did some snorkeling. The water was crystal clear,I could see down about 60 feet. I swam with fish, a sea turtle, and dived a shipwreck. I am in St. Maartin today, and it is almost as pretty. The snorkeling wasn't as good, although the European sun bathing style is interesting................:wink2:

john346

No more Brown!
Toe baskets=baskets of death. If you like being able to pull get toe clips much safer.

I spent last week in Moab Utah, best mountain bike trails I have ever been on. Found one slickrock trail that was like 1-2 miles of straght downhill, so bumpy that the gaskets around the shiny part of the front shocks started to melt from the heat. I would have gone to Arches National Park next door but no mountain biking there, except roads, which isnt really mountain biking. If by body isn't too broken when I get old and retire I think I'd like to live there.

I saw 3 different UPS trucks there, it's like 3 hours from salt lake city so I wonder if they are all satelite drivers? I heard from a friend not to go during jeep week, I bet the Moab drivers must loathe jeep week.
Yep, took the killer baskets off asap & actually mounted the bike on a stationary frame to use for my re-hab routine. I only was there for a couple of days, but certainly am going back when I have more time. That time I'll have both bikes my mountain bike (with shoe clips now installed), and my Honda dirt bike, then we'll be able to enjoy it a lot more. But spring & fall are absolutetely the times to roll when visiting, I can only imaging what August temps are like!

HazMatMan

The prices are high because OPEC is charging whatever they want for oil because they have it and we do not. We need to be drilling for our own oil and stop relying on other countries for it. Their supply does not meet our demand for the product so the prices are high. If we had our own, it would cost less and they would also be forced to lower their prices as well.
So corporate greed has nothing to do with the cost of gas? The war in Iraq has nothing to do with the price of gas? Why would OPEC wait this long to charge so much for oil? Why not charge us an arm and a leg back in 1999 when it averaged $1.07 a gallon? I am not trying to start a war here (no pun intended) just can't believe why OPEC all of a sudden would be the reason for high gas prices. It seems any little thing that happens now raises the price of gas, How come that one week when oil dipped by 6 dollars a barrel the price was still going up? Hey look it's raining, let's raise gas prices, hey look that guy over there, he farted, let's raise gas prices. Hey, I heard Kennedy had a seizure, I guess gas will be going up again.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
NYC SAW A MET GAME THE FAMILY went two broadway shows we stayed in L I and manhatten, buy the way upsers get the very best discounts on broadway shows. i mean real good. next vac is daytona. also in future i want to go to bristol nascar race or go see baja 1000. LETS GO METS........................................................................:happy-very:

Make Bristol your next race for sure! Do it in a RV parked in a campground by the track. It's too much of a hassle to get a hotel room 40-60 miles away.

Good morning - I am Director of Group Sales for the Oasis Hotels & Resorts in Cancun. I am trying to get in touch with someone at UPS to offer very special rates for UPS Employees at our all-inclusive resorts in Cancun. Can anyone suggest who I should contact?