VACATIONS

tim100

anyone know what happens to vacations we do not use? I had one week left over last year and it was showing up on my hours available at the bottom of paycheck, but now it is gone, didnt get paid for it.... is it use it or lose it??? thanks

UnconTROLLed

perfection
anyone know what happens to vacations we do not use? I had one week left over last year and it was showing up on my hours available at the bottom of paycheck, but now it is gone, didnt get paid for it.... is it use it or lose it??? thanks

No, the week is paid, unless there was an error in payroll (a week you were not supposed to have) and it was taken away accordingly.

UPSSOCKS

I was going to answer this question for you but in another post you said you have been at the company for 27 years, full time for 21 years. Surelly in the past 27 years, you would have learned what to do in this situation.....

tim100

sorry socks never in my career have i not used all my vacations.... this year one escaped me.... and i guess i lose it since i have not been paid for it

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
How the heck do you not use or not notice that you didn't use all of your vacation. My next week off is the only thing keeping me going.

BrownArmy

How the heck do you not use or not notice that you didn't use all of your vacation. My next week off is the only thing keeping me going.

+1...

I'm a cover driver...recently while covering a route for a driver on vacation, a customer asked me if our vacations were "use them or lose them"...I told her that a driver's not using their vacation isn't really a problem...

brown bomber

brown bomber
recently received a vacation check., for 15 hrs.,.....I'm a fulltime employee w/ 30+ yrs. of seniority, however I've been on disability for over 6 months.....haven't had a chance to contact the Mgt. team thus far, due to the long holiday weekend..........is this something new, or an accounting error ??? just wondering

UPSGUY72

recently received a vacation check., for 15 hrs.,.....I'm a fulltime employee w/ 30+ yrs. of seniority, however I've been on disability for over 6 months.....haven't had a chance to contact the Mgt. team thus far, due to the long holiday weekend..........is this something new, or an accounting error ??? just wondering

In some places your vacation check is also based on how many hours you have worked last year ( hr worked / weeks). You need to read your local rider.