Vaccine

wkmac

The threat from ebola, worldwide, is decreasing.

The threat from ebola, in terms of the US, is where it's always been, near zero.

In answer to your query, the threat from ebola is not becoming 'more prominent', either in this country or in the countries where ebola is actually a problem.

Good points. Just a few minutes spent at the CDC Ebola page would quell a lot of the media ginned up fear. Did it ever occur to anyone that Ebola which has been a constant in Africa since first identified in 1976' has yet to even wipe out a large portion of population in Central Africa, much less even spread to the northern and southern portions of Africa. Now what does that say?

To me it sez a lot.

trickpony1

None yet.......but they sure seem to be preparing for a major event that hasn't been imagined before.

A sudden frenzy in improved facilities, training and "teams" to mediate and coordinate with outside "enforcement" agencies.

This would suggest something.......

BrownArmy

....or maybe I know more people that work in area hospitals than you do.

There are currently ZERO cases of ebola in the US.

There might have been an uptick in 'ebola' preparation in US hospitals, with good reason, whether or not it was warranted...

It makes sense to go on 'high alert', especially in hospitals, as a sort of 'test-case' scenario.

In truth, we're woefully under prepared to deal with major health care crisis, so every little bit of high level preparation helps.

wkmac

None yet.......but they sure seem to be preparing for a major event that hasn't been imagined before.

A sudden frenzy in improved facilities, training and "teams" to mediate and coordinate with outside "enforcement" agencies.

This would suggest something.......

What if your own reaction is the something?

I just keep an eye on the CDC who track the cases and until I see something that causes me to be alarmed, I'm not going to be alarmed.

Seems to me based on what I see and read from the CDC, I have no reason to worry at this point.

wkmac

There are currently ZERO cases of ebola in the US.

There might have been an uptick in 'ebola' preparation in US hospitals, with good reason, whether or not it was warranted...

It makes sense to go on 'high alert', especially in hospitals, as a sort of 'test-case' scenario.

In truth, we're woefully under prepared to deal with major health care crisis, so every little bit of high level preparation helps.

Now that's a valid point.

wkmac

Until Ebola becomes an airborn illness it's not a serious threat.

If it does, Trick's concerns will be more than rightly justified.

Now viruses can mutate so it's not impossible either. It was another reason I questioned in another thread on Ebola last year as to why all of a sudden the number of Ebola cases exploded when compared to previous years but that was early on in the outbreak. Airborne mutation was my key concern. So far, medical science has relieved my concerns and let's all hope it stays that way.

moreluck

golden ticket member
sbr012915dAPC20150129014557.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
To me, not getting a kid vaccinated and then sending them to school is like me smoking a cigarette and walking into your kid's classroom. You don't want your kid exposed to my 2nd hand smoke....do ya?
If you choose to not vaccinate your kids, you need to home school them.......don't expose others.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Rand Paul on vaccinations: "I think they’re a good thing but I think the parent should have some input. The state doesn’t own your children; parents own the children and it is an issue of freedom."

So not only does Rand Paul view children as PROPERTY (and that tells you just about all you need to know about the right-wing worldview) he also thinks they are allowed to do whatever they want with that property, no matter what the repercussions, to them or other people. Unless said property is still inside a woman's body.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Rand Paul on vaccinations: "I think they’re a good thing but I think the parent should have some input. The state doesn’t own your children; parents own the children and it is an issue of freedom."

So not only does Rand Paul view children as PROPERTY (and that tells you just about all you need to know about the right-wing worldview) he also thinks they are allowed to do whatever they want with that property, no matter what the repercussions, to them or other people. Unless said property is still inside a woman's body.
Parents do own their children. Unless they prove they can not raise the child safely, they own their children. They are not free to do what ever they want.
Is this a new concept to you? Or do you go around treating children like they are free. Offer them a beer? How about taking someone else's kid out of state on a trip without their permission. You must not have any children or are a liberal think you know better than the parent type. Oh wait, you are.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

So not only does Rand Paul view children as PROPERTY (and that tells you just about all you need to know about the right-wing worldview) he also thinks the parents are allowed to do whatever they want with that property, no matter what the repercussions, to them or other people. Unless said property is still inside a woman's body.

The Government, headed by that guy named Obama, thinks parents own children. The government holds parents responsible for their children and by definition, one cannot be held responsible for something they don't own or have possession of (temporal ownership). Let your child do something illegal and you will find out just how much you own that child and it's actions.

While Rand Paul does not support abortion, he has never expressed that he thinks it should be illegal. He does not think the Government should fund abortions but he thinks the government should not fund many, many things. I don't know how he would vote on a bill to outlaw abortion but I presume his vote would be "Against" it since that is none of the governments business.