Valentines Day 2014

Pkgcar1988

So the day was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Went out with a pretty normal day today. BUT, we "supposedly missed a bunch of NDA and had anywhere between 3-5 trailers that didn't show. I can't wait until Monday and hear all the " that was suppose to be here by Valentines Day, I don't want it anymore, send it back."

Pkgcar1988

Seems like we just had gotten caught up from Christmas now behind from Valentines. Sure hope we get caught back up by Mothers Day!!!!LOL

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Longest day I've worked since peak. Punched out at 8:30
I worked more this week than any week during peak. We were calling people in early on Tuesday and Wednesday to make sure they had hours available for valentines day. Genius company we work for.

SmithBarney

I'd say you missed some air... ;) My NDAsaver going to DC landed at 7am, didn't get to center until 12:30... sheeted up as ECD @ 530pm :( makes my already upset wife, even more so.. she needs her chocolate! ;)
Anyone going out on SAT other than Air Drivers?

Pkgcar1988

I'd say you missed some air... ;) My NDAsaver going to DC landed at 7am, didn't get to center until 12:30... sheeted up as ECD @ 530pm :( makes my already upset wife, even more so.. she needs her chocolate! ;)
Anyone going out on SAT other than Air Drivers?
We were asked if we wanted to work Saturday, but I am not sure if they forced anyone or not,I said "NO" as I'm a 5 day a week kind of guy.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We were told today to deliver NDA bulk stops first, and then the rest on trace. Then we were supposed to make sure that holiday shipments from six different shippers got next priority. Flowers, berries, teddy bears, and pajamas, not mentioning company names. Then try to make service on what was left, and EC anything that would make us miss a 9PM curfew. I got all nine of my NDAs off before 10:30, and just delivered everything else by trace. I wasn't going to waste time deciding what was what, I delivered all 196 stops in nine hours. Our Preload rolled a few trailers over from the two days we were shut down. I got back to the building and nine pallets of flower boxes were stacked up in front of the office, I declined the chance to work Saturday.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We were told today to deliver NDA bulk stops first, and then the rest on trace. Then we were supposed to make sure that holiday shipments from six different shippers got next priority. Flowers, berries, teddy bears, and pajamas, not mentioning company names. Then try to make service on what was left, and EC anything that would make us miss a 9PM curfew. I got all nine of my NDAs off before 10:30, and just delivered everything else by trace. I wasn't going to waste time deciding what was what, I delivered all 196 stops in nine hours. Our Preload rolled a few trailers over from the two days we were shut down. I got back to the building and nine pallets of flower boxes were stacked up in front of the office, I declined the chance to work Saturday.

Our mandatory RTB was before 1000, message to sheet everything left EC went out around 900. They were begging people who were on vacation to come in, some had corporate helpers. We are running around 24 drivers to deliver any of the aforementioned shippers in your post plus regular Sat air tomorrow.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My new iPhone 5s came today via FedEx not my choice very early.

Was this from Verizon? Express is their preferred carrier but you can request UPS.

Yesterday was one of the lightest days we have had in some time. When I went in we were on the tail end of a pretty good Nor'Easter so I was concerned about having to deal with messy roads on a busy day. Our projected volume was 6800---actual was 5200. Philly Air was late (again) but they brought in enough air drivers where we didn't have to come back to bldg. or even set up meet points. 100% clean and I start vacation on Monday. I had time for a nice long lunch.