Valentines day air?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The FTD flowers should have been held in the center for del today. Its not a bad idea to get the flowers to the centers early especially during the winter months. I myself would never order flowers online and trust UPS to get them to me. There to much on the line just order from your local florist its much safer. plus you don't know you could received them at 2100 hrs like one of my customer.
Should of been held? Did FTD pay to have them held til Friday? Anytime I have ever ordered flowers online there's a choice with cheaper shipper. Something along the lines of could be delivered February 13 or 14. All FTD I was simple ground shipments.

We were talking about this before the PCM yesterday. One of the drivers said he was at the consignee's front door with the lady standing there when he read the prompt from FTD. Thankfully he did the right thing by completing the delivery----can you imagine if he had followed the prompt and brought the flowers back to the pkg car only to redeliver them the following day? Our center team dropped the ball by not sending out an ODS advising us to ignore the prompt. I had at least 10 of them for our local college----ignored the prompt and added them to the pile of Pro Flowers and 1-800-Flowers.

There is no way the FTD should have been held.

upschuck

We were talking about this before the PCM yesterday. One of the drivers said he was at the consignee's front door with the lady standing there when he read the prompt from FTD. Thankfully he did the right thing by completing the delivery----can you imagine if he had followed the prompt and brought the flowers back to the pkg car only to redeliver them the following day? Our center team dropped the ball by not sending out an ODS advising us to ignore the prompt. I had at least 10 of them for our local college----ignored the prompt and added them to the pile of Pro Flowers and 1-800-Flowers.

There is no way the FTD should have been held.
If they don't want it delivered, it shouldn't be on the car.

kingOFchester

Epic fail at my center:

Thursday, operations suspended. Late start Valentines day.

1. Start time pushed back for an hour(9:30 rather then 8:30) Preload was done long before 9:30. We were held till shortly after 10 waiting on airs. After waiting they decided to cut us lose and have air meets. As we pulled out air trailer was pulling in. They should of either held us a little longer, or let us start at normal start time and have meets.
  2. Air meets did not get to some of the meets until we were into our pickups. 16:30
  3. Some people did not get their air meets. Sups gave up on meets and sheeted all remaining packages as EC.
  4. Runners clocking out as early as 16:00 while dozens of drivers had to sheet some of their stops as EC do to being out of time. These drivers could of bailed out a lot of the drivers who ended up not getting all their stops completed.

I was running a christmas split. 2 towns, 15 miles apart. Got my air meet when I was in the second half of trip. All my airs were back in first town. Wasted at least 45 minutes driving back to that area and then returning to the last section to do some on calls. So much time was lost on my trip let alone all the other epic fails. Had someone actually managed at center level, most of everything would of gotten at least an attempt. But no, we had 1,000's of missed pieces. I mean "EC" pieces.

What a friend'ing joke. And they wonder why we don't care.

Last edited:

HomeDelivery

look on the bright side...

when you go out to deliver the flowers, berries, cakes, chocolates on Monday... :upssmiley:say "Happy President's Day!" :oops: or drop 'n run like a standard perishable delivery

due to the weather, we've been called in on Monday as well (normally work tues-sat only at this division of purple)

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Ordered flowers from Maui for my two Valentines on Wednesday morning.
Shipped FedEx two day air. Both delivered yesterday. FedEx comes through!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
HUGE fail at my center yesterday as well:
Operations were Literally frozen Wednesday.Thursday we were all dispatched with maybe 6 hours of work from the few trailers that got to the building before the storm
Friday- despite Near Peak Volume many routes were cut( used the typical Monday plan) ,All of the part Time Cover Drivers were forced to work Preload and had few hours to drive. Air was run in Trace( i delivered my last air at 1930)The average dispatch was 13 hours and our center had hundreds of missed pieces.

I.E is going to run this company into the ground

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Epic fail at my center:

Thursday, operations suspended. Late start Valentines day.

1. Start time pushed back for an hour(9:30 rather then 8:30) Preload was done long before 9:30. We were held till shortly after 10 waiting on airs. After waiting they decided to cut us lose and have air meets. As we pulled out air trailer was pulling in. They should of either held us a little longer, or let us start at normal start time and have meets.
  2. Air meets did not get to some of the meets until we were into our pickups. 16:30
  3. Some people did not get their air meets. Sups gave up on meets and sheeted all remaining packages as EC.
  4. Runners clocking out as early as 16:00 while dozens of drivers had to sheet some of their stops as EC do to being out of time. These drivers could of bailed out a lot of the drivers who ended up not getting all their stops completed.

I was running a christmas split. 2 towns, 15 miles apart. Got my air meet when I was in the second half of trip. All my airs were back in first town. Wasted at least 45 minutes driving back to that area and then returning to the last section to do some on calls. So much time was lost on my trip let alone all the other epic fails. Had someone actually managed at center level, most of everything would of gotten at least an attempt. But no, we had 1,000's of missed pieces. I mean "EC" pieces.

What a friend'ing joke. And they wonder why we don't care.

Here's the problem they are not allowed to 99% of the time anymore. So when it's needed they have no idea what to do.