Valentines Day is on Saturday...

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Last year, I actually had a woman refuse them because they were late.
Bitch deserved a set of frying pans instead of flowers !!
Whatever happened to "it's the thought that counts"
Years ago I used to work with a girl whose live-in boyfriend seriously bought her a pot & pan set for her birthday. She didn't break up with him...right away.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Bought my wife a vacuum as a present for Christmas one year, along with some Rubbermaid containers. I actually thought I was doing good as I think very practical with gifts. She has the hardest time getting me gifts because anything that is practical I just purchase as a necessity when it goes on sale, it leaves her grasping as to what I'd want. I usually tell her to check Amazon under my wishlist that contains items I watch for sales on, makes it easy on both of us.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We are using FT drivers who have not worked 5 days this week. No 8 hour guarantee and no OT.
The fact that they haven't work one of their scheduled M-friend shifts doesn't give them the right to work Saturday. By the employee choosing to not come to work or being sent home as a no pay doesn't guarantee them 40/5 days by working Saturday. I can assure you any FT with less senority than me (whether they worked 5 or 1 days this week) would not be working, if they did it's easy money for me as management would be paying an easy grievance for all hours worked by said employee.

You have to remember that Saturday is a air day, as such PT employees have precedence over FT employees. If a PT cover driver runs ground M-friend they are at the bottom each day but on Saturday they have senority over any FT and have first dibs to work. They will receive their air rate on Saturday for all hours worked. When the company runs out of PT employees, then the work is offered outside of that classification to FT, in senority order.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

The fact that they haven't work one of their scheduled M-friend shifts doesn't give them the right to work Saturday. By the employee choosing to not come to work or being sent home as a no pay doesn't guarantee them 40/5 days by working Saturday. I can assure you any FT with less senority than me (whether they worked 5 or 1 days this week) would not be working, if they did it's easy money for me as management would be paying an easy grievance for all hours worked by said employee.

You have to remember that Saturday is a air day, as such PT employees have precedence over FT employees. If a PT cover driver runs ground M-friend they have senority over any FT on sat and have first dibs to work. They will receive their air rate on Saturday for all hours worked. When the company runs out of PT employees, then the work is offered outside of that classification to FT, in senority order.
Not going to argue with you as you know a lot more about the contract then I do. The drivers coming in are not on lay off and just working when work is available. Can't imagine a FT driver filing a grievance over letting a new driver working a few hours.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Not going to argue with you as you know a lot more about the contract then I do. The drivers coming in are not on lay off and just working when work is available. Can't imagine a FT driver filing a grievance over letting a new driver working a few hours.
If they aren't on layoff are they voluntarily going home? We have guys who don't want to work the M-friend grind yet will work Sat for the "easy" money. I sure as hell would file if my senority is violated.

PT Car Washer

If they aren't on layoff are they voluntarily going home? We have guys who don't want to work the M-friend grind yet will work Sat for the "easy" money. I sure as hell would file if my senority is violated.
No. Instead of working in the hub they will take the chance of drivers calling in or going home. Hired so many new drivers this year some guys are really hurting right now.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
There's a corporate PCM about Valentines Day on upsers.com FTD, Pro, and 1800 flowers have agreed to end of day commit for Saturday. Also all other NDA can be delivered 90 minutes later than normal.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
No. Instead of working in the hub they will take the chance of drivers calling in or going home. Hired so many new drivers this year some guys are really hurting right now.
If they are FT guys they have a right to get 8hrs a day regardless if there is driving available or not. They are allowed to displace PT guys to achieve that. If they are PT guys coming to roll the dice on driving that day, they have senority to work Sat before FT guys.