Valentines Day Massacre

curiousbrain

The center where I am employed is still struggling to recover from the snow; I've been instructed to sit several loads every day this week ... it's all snowballed into tomorrows volume as I've been instructed to process all volume tomorrow no matter what - I smell an absolute catastrophe brewing. The kind of catastrophe that shakes even the most dedicated people.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wow stupid. Vday is one of our heaviest days without all the extra loads. We are swamped today. Brought back seasonals for today and tomorrow.

Yesterday told my center manager I'm sure ill get plenty of hours Wednesday and Thursday. His puzzled response. Why? These are our bosses people.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I usually do about 150 155 stops a day

Tuesday they gave me 210 and I brought back 90. My truck looked like a 100% trailer turned on its top
Today , I get 230 with no room to spare

I can't wait for tomorrow's *****kicking !

Indecisi0n

Wow stupid. Vday is one of our heaviest days without all the extra loads. We are swamped today. Brought back seasonals for today and tomorrow.

Yesterday told my center manager I'm sure ill get plenty of hours Wednesday and Thursday. His puzzled response. Why? These are our bosses people.

Its BS that they can bring back seasonals whenever they want. I hope the union got involved.

UPS Preloader

That wouldn't fly in my local. Not saying it wouldn't have happened but in the end UPS would have regretted their decision with all the hassle that would have followed.

Same here... Employees hired for temporary job openings from October 1 through December 31 will not accrue seniority during that period and such job openings shall not be posted for bid during that period. If returned to work within sixty (60) days after that period, they shall be placed on the seniority list with credit back to their employment dates, providing they have met all other requirements for seniority.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had to use a Preloader as a Helper today, and will probably have one tomorrow. I am hoping to go over 9.5 for the third day so I can get back on the list. 193 stops/120 miles today, 125 stops/100 miles is an eight hour day on my area.

The center where I am employed is still struggling to recover from the snow; I've been instructed to sit several loads every day this week ... it's all snowballed into tomorrows volume as I've been instructed to process all volume tomorrow no matter what - I smell an absolute catastrophe brewing. The kind of catastrophe that shakes even the most dedicated people.
Who cares they are just boxes. Don't sweat it it won't matter next week because everybody will have forgotten and moved on to the next cluster Feck.