Valentine's Day

542thruNthru

Just got a message, that anyone who calls in sick next week, will be delivering flowers on Saturday

They have tried that line here a few times. Never works. Everyone who called out sick just calls out again on Saturday. They never say a word about it. They know if they do every driver will file for not getting 8hrs sick pay for Saturday.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
The company never wanted drivers to work on Christmas Day. They made plans and posted the lists in anticipation of the need to do so; thankfully, the need never materialized.
There really never could've been a need to do so. Making sure people I neither know nor care about have theirs at the cost of my own really isn't how I roll.

underworked1

Just got a message, that anyone who calls in sick next week, will be delivering flowers on Saturday
Extra work has to be delegated to highest seniority first. Unless they decline. Then it's bottom up. If I had highest seniority and they forced you to work and didn't give me the option. I'd file and get paiddddd

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Nothing like delivering air till 12:00 then rolling back through everywhere you just went to deliver flowers. I'll be driving the gravy train with biscuit wheels on Saturday.

iruhnman630

Extra work has to be delegated to highest seniority first. Unless they decline. Then it's bottom up. If I had highest seniority and they forced you to work and didn't give me the option. I'd file and get paiddddd
Its not extra work if they schedule a tues-sat work week.