Van Jones

moreluck

golden ticket member
Van Jones was a self-proclaimed communist. He figured that out right after he got out of jail. Oh, he's a gem all right !!

brett636

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-huffington/thank-you-glenn-beck_b_278839.html

Thank you, Glenn Beck. By helping force the resignation of Van Jones, you have done a great service to your country. But in the exact opposite way than what you intended.

Your vile and vicious smear campaign has helped reverse one of the worst examples of miscasting since John Wayne took on the role of Genghis Khan in The Conqueror.

Don't get me wrong: Van Jones was the best person for the job he just gave up. But the job was not the best use of Van Jones.

Contrary to the media caricature, the real Van Jones is a thoughtful leader who knows how to use words to move people to action. To stick him behind a desk, working out the details of tax credits for green jobs -- incredibly important though the job is -- was never the best use of his unique and abundant skills.

If it was a smear campaign, exactly what was false about Van Jones? His self avowed communism? His truther attitude toward 9/11? His ends justify the means attitude? Tell me what was false about what Glenn Beck put out about Van Jones.

chev

Nightcrawler
WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama's environmental adviser Van Jones, who became embroiled in a controversy over past inflammatory statements, has resigned his White House job after what he calls a "vicious smear campaign against me."

See, I told you he'd be gone, but I didn't expect him to take the "victim" attitude. He made his own bed, he can lay in it !!!! :happy2:
Yep, yet another brick falls from the great Obama castle. :happy-very:
How's that change working out for you libs?

Contrary to the media caricature, the real Van Jones is a thoughtful leader who knows how to use words to move people to action.

So was Stalin

fact check

Imagine if we had to have everything we've ever done as a youth examined under a microscope? Can you imagine the trouble today's youth will be in when they try to run for office or enter gov't service, and someone digs up old Facebook , Twitter, etc ramblings?

Any of you have something like this on your resume?

Jones's awards and honors include:[53]

* 1997-1999 - Rockefeller Foundation "Next Generation Leadership" Fellowship
* 1998 - Reebok International Human Rights Award
* 2000 - International Ashoka Fellowship
* 2008 - Best Dressed Environmental List (#1 of 30); Sustainable Style Foundation[54]
* 2008 - Time Magazine Environmental Hero
* 2008 - Elle Magazine Green Award
* 2008 - One of the George Lucas Foundation's "Daring Dozen"
* 2008 - Hunt Prime Mover Award
* 2008 - Campaign for America's Future "Paul Wellstone Award"
* 2008 - Global Green USA "Community Environmental Leadership" Award
* 2008 - San Francisco Foundation Community Leadership Award
* 2008 - Puffin/Nation prize for "Creative Citizenship"
* 2008 - World Economic Forum "Young Global Leader"
* 2009 - Hubert H. Humphrey Civil Rights Award[55]
* 2009 - Eco-Entrepreneur Award, Institute for Entrepreneurship, Leadership & Innovation; Howard University
* 2009 - Individual Thought Leadership, Energy & Environment Awards; Aspen Institute[56]

moreluck

golden ticket member
You failed to list the date of his jail time.
What date did he say, "I am a communist"?

A Harvard education doesn't make someone smart......

This guy has several documented 'wrongs' and deserves to be out of the pres.'s ear shot.

fact check

1992. He was arrested and charges dropped, and won a claim for the false arrest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Jones

In 1992, while still a law student at Yale, Jones participated as a volunteer legal monitor for a protest of the Rodney King verdict in San Francisco. He and many other participants in the protest were arrested. The district attorney later dropped the charges against Jones. The arrested protesters, including Jones, won a small legal settlement. Jones later said that "the incident deepened my disaffection with the system and accelerated my political radicalization."[14] Jones said he was "a rowdy nationalist"[11] before the King verdict was announced. In October 2005 he reported that by August of that year (1992) he was a communist. [11] Jones's activism was also spurred on by witnessing racial inequality in New Haven, Connecticut: "I was seeing kids at Yale do drugs and talk about it openly, and have nothing happen to them or, if anything, get sent to rehab...And then I was seeing kids three blocks away, in the housing projects, doing the same drugs, in smaller amounts, go to prison.”[10]

When he graduated law school, Jones gave up plans to take a job in Washington, D.C., and moved to San Francisco instead.[11] He got involved with Standing Together to Organize a Revolutionary Movement (STORM), a group explicitly committed to revolutionary Marxist politics[15] whose points of unity were revolutionary democracy, revolutionary feminism, revolutionary internationalism, the central role of the working class, urban Marxism, and Third World Communism.[16] While associated with STORM, Jones actively began protesting police brutality.[11]

Babagounj

Strength through joy
And all this attention has now made him a national celebrity .
So look for him to appear in the future as a new leader .

moreluck

golden ticket member
Looks like "revolution" was his middle name. Yes, it was cut and pasted because only an idiot would re-type all that!!

When he graduated law school, Jones gave up plans to take a job in Washington, D.C., and moved to San Francisco instead.[11] He got involved with Standing Together to Organize a Revolutionary Movement (STORM), a group explicitly committed to revolutionary Marxist politics[15] whose points of unity were revolutionary democracy, revolutionary feminism, revolutionary internationalism, the central role of the working class, urban Marxism, and Third World Communism.[16] While associated with STORM, Jones actively began protesting police brutality.[11]

It was also after a few hours in prison that he announced he was a communist.

brett636

1992. He was arrested and charges dropped, and won a claim for the false arrest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Jones

In 1992, while still a law student at Yale, Jones participated as a volunteer legal monitor for a protest of the Rodney King verdict in San Francisco. He and many other participants in the protest were arrested. The district attorney later dropped the charges against Jones. The arrested protesters, including Jones, won a small legal settlement. Jones later said that "the incident deepened my disaffection with the system and accelerated my political radicalization."[14] Jones said he was "a rowdy nationalist"[11] before the King verdict was announced. In October 2005 he reported that by August of that year (1992) he was a communist. [11] Jones's activism was also spurred on by witnessing racial inequality in New Haven, Connecticut: "I was seeing kids at Yale do drugs and talk about it openly, and have nothing happen to them or, if anything, get sent to rehab...And then I was seeing kids three blocks away, in the housing projects, doing the same drugs, in smaller amounts, go to prison.”[10]

Funny that is exactly what Glenn Beck had spoken about during his show. And all this communist revolutionary talk took place well after Jones was past his "youth". Sorry, he had no place in our federal government mopping floors let alone being in a position of power (how much power nobody really knows). Good riddance!

BTW, can anyone explain to me why we need a green jobs czar anyways? Aside from the point that we had a man who hates capitalism in charge of helping create "green" jobs, won't these jobs come naturally as the free market moves away from fossil fuels? Seems like a wasted position to have in the first place.

tieguy

Banned
Funny that is exactly what Glenn Beck had spoken about during his show. And all this communist revolutionary talk took place well after Jones was past his "youth". Sorry, he had no place in our federal government mopping floors let alone being in a position of power (how much power nobody really knows). Good riddance!

BTW, can anyone explain to me why we need a green jobs czar anyways? Aside from the point that we had a man who hates capitalism in charge of helping create "green" jobs, won't these jobs come naturally as the free market moves away from fossil fuels? Seems like a wasted position to have in the first place.

It appears to be Obamas solution to holding his coalition together as he is rewarding those who supported him.

One of the things that came out of Bushs trouncing of Kerry in 2004 was the difficulty the democratic party experienced pulling in support from all the different extremist groups that could vote democrat. Obama was successful in pulling those groups together to win this election. Once done he had the predicament of finding ways to reward the leadership of all those fringe groups. There are only so many cabinet positons to hand out. You clearly can't put someone with known links to communist groups up for a cabinet position so you create a multitude of czar positions in what essentially becomes a cabinet position minus congressional and public review.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Obama has set a new standard for Czar positions creating far and above the number of any of his predecessors.

diesel96

Gee, let me guess.....uhmm ....Van Jones's association with Color of Change Org, that now is credited with 20 to 30 advertisors pulling the plug on Beck. A typical scene on the Beck show, with Rev Wright photo shown of one shoulder, and Prof Gates photo shown over the other shoulder and ripping Van Jones as just another angry black guy.....Beck = Racist...yeah, "I said it"....Oh don't forget,<whispering> the President hates white people....

Why don't you look at the source of Czar appointments, created by Republicans, starting with Nixon .....

brett636

Lol diesel, you will never figure out how to correctly use the quote feature will you?

Considering the falling poll numbers for the President it has become apparent that the only two types of people still supporting Obama are those who still think they have something to gain from his administration, or those who are blinded by the race card. Which one are you?