Vandergriff qualifies #10 in Gainseville

upsdude

I really liked Medlen, class act. His post race interview was just as entertaining as John Force.

Godspeed Eric.

wkmac

Special section: Eric

RIP with Blaine, Darrell, Lee and Jungle.

I saw pics on Tuesday of the car and one thing that gave me hope was the driver cage loop was undamaged but as the week wore on things began to not look as good. I hope John Medlen can regroup from this and stay in the sport as he is one good crew chief.

I know this will eventually come up but if they continue to run the car my picks for the seat would be Dale Pulde as IMO he's the best FC shoe in the biz. Yeah I'm a huge 70's War Eagle fan. My other choice who's a good driver but a blast with the fans as he's a huge gearhead himself would be Dean Skuza. Few years ago Dean and Force especially in head to head match ups would both do long smokey burnouts to the delight of the fans and would be a throwback to the good ole days with Coil along with Farkonas and Minick and the infamous ChiTown Hustler. Only thing missing would be the good ole dry hops to seat the clutch. Man I miss those days!

I wonder if John could talk Al Hofman into coming out of retirement?
:thumbup1:

raceanoncr

Medlen passes.

Eric Medlen, injured in testing after Gainseville, passed Friday after never regaining consciousness. The head injury he suffered was too much to overcome even after pressure was relieved on his skull.

Drag racing has lost one of the best young stars.

Castrol has set up another site to offer condolences to the family: [email protected].

All messages will be collected and combined into a scrapbook and given to the family.