Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BurntSienna, Jun 7, 2015.

1. BurntSienna

BurntSienna Member

Has anyone started working as a vacation cover driver yet?
    I've been doing pre-load/air driving since Jan. I was told I'd get another shot to drive full-time sometime after Memorial Day.
  2. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

The way they are cutting routes, it will be damn near impossible , they will need your on fridays now though to cover summer Friday call offs.
  3. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

My building do not use PT vacation coverage drivers but with all the new FT drivers hired last year and some are still laid off and several have quit I don't see you working much. Your building may be different though.
  4. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

My building has 2 that started last week. They need to hire some full time drivers since they are trying to deny personals because of lack of coverage.
  5. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

Our center had 2 working last week and a bid sheet up for another temp cover driver
  6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Our center manager told us that we will be hiring 8 new drivers before Peak.
  7. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Eva Mendez Has A Nice (_!_)

Our on cars spend at least 30 minutes each morning calling people to ask if they want off.
  8. Box Ox

Box Ox Would rather be driving an E-frame

Heavy route cuts + lots of new FT driver layoffs = bad year to be a temp driver. Don't expect much, even on vacation heavy weeks.