vehicle shifting

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by hoser, Sep 16, 2006.

1. hoser

hoser Industrial Slob

couldn't find anything about this in the forum:

i am a package handler and have been employeed for less than 3 weeks. my supervisor came up to me and asked if i wanted to shift vehicles for an hour after my shift (midnights) and for 2-3 hours on friday nights (as there is no preload). i agreed, and did a bit of training getting use to the piece of **** P5's (very few of them left, thankfully).

i will not be doing the 20 hour driver training. am i entitled to extra pay without the course? with the course?
  2. 30andout

30andout New Member

I don't think the pay is any different, but just don't scratch a truck its still an accident for the drivers list.:ohmy:
  3. hoser

hoser Industrial Slob

k :thumbup1:

cubes are easy to move. you just gotta go slow and know your surroundings.
  4. ExupserNaples

ExupserNaples New Member

Hoser you shift and bitch about the piece of s*** 500. Try driving one 50000 miles a year for 17 years then we can talk. I say you dont last til Nov.
  5. teamsterdan

teamsterdan Member

um...... 3 weeks OTJ and the "extra work" is going to you, be thankful, no one has filed a grievence..............
  6. mrbill

mrbill Member

not suppose to touch vehicles with out dot card:confused:1
  7. feederdude

feederdude New Member

DOT card is needed for public roads only. You also have no hours restriction (60 or 70) unless you go on the road.
  8. I agree with Teamsterdan, our regional contract actually states "Part-time employees will be permitted to move vehicles other than tractor trailers within the confines of the Employer's property, only for the purpose of avoiding a delay in their work, except when drivers are available and not working." "Where there are full-time employees or combination full-time employees in the car wash classification, part-time employees will not drive."

As for pay there are only two different part-time pay scales:
    Preloader/Sorter, and All Other.
  9. hoser

hoser Industrial Slob

woah, easy there.... i'll last until the end of 2007 at least

our senority list has 51 people. to get to the top 10, i have to stay there for 8 months. my city has problems finding people to do $18/hr jobs, i doubt people are going to greive me getting an extra hour a night at 3am to shift a couple trucks. besides, i was the only employee that jumped to it

i'm in canada

i shift at the end of my work day, which is at 2am. we're the only guys left.