Veiled Threat

local804

Union employee filed grievance(excessive overtime) and was told by supervisor "If you dont like it, you can always quit" Does anyone know the LRRM/NLRB ruling for this?

over9five

Staff member
I don't know about any ruling, but I know how to make a sups life miserable.
Only someone that cannot handle their job would even say that.

Washed Up

I wish I had excessive overtime. All inside employees got their hours cut to 40 hours a week. They said it was the economy but my supervisor also said that our overtime affects his bonus. I believe the latter.

Billy

As a steward the first thing I'd do is talk to the manager and ask him if he could please lighten up the guy. Explain the hardships, and that the driver doesn't want them. If that failed to work I'd...

File a Article 37 grievance for management relations. Management intimidating, and harassing employee.

File a Article 37 grievance for excessive unwanted overtime during non-peak season. Add driver to opt-in list. Then if it happens again after the 3rd time the driver is paid triple time. That will silence your manager pretty quickly

chopstic

File a Article 37 grievance for excessive unwanted overtime during non-peak season. Add driver to opt-in list. Then if it happens again after the 3rd time the driver is paid triple time. That will silence your manager pretty quickly

Is everyone actually getting their triple-time greivances? Is UPS paying up?

Overpaid Union Thug

As a steward the first thing I'd do is talk to the manager and ask him if he could please lighten up the guy. Explain the hardships, and that the driver doesn't want them. If that failed to work I'd...

File a Article 37 grievance for management relations. Management intimidating, and harassing employee.

Is everyone actually getting their triple-time greivances? Is UPS paying up?

Very doublful. Don't know of anyone that has been paid the triple time. All grievances are still going up the chain.

Billy

At my center, since the new language, and after being added to the list, the management has actually done a good job of keeping those drivers 9.5 times down. Nobody has filed for triple time since the language in my center.
it is my understanding that is is automatic if filled now, but as of now we do not know

gandydancer

.... If that failed to work I'd... File a Article 37 grievance for excessive unwanted overtime during non-peak season. Add driver to opt-in list. Then if it happens again after the 3rd time the driver is paid triple time. That will silence your manager pretty quickly

Can't, unless the driver opted in in December. Otherwise, until the ten day window at the end of May, the supe is right and local804 can pound sand.

local804

The employee does have the right to quit.

He also has the right to have his grievance answered the right way not the easy UPS way of them telling him to look for a new job. Instead of taking the easy way out, lets try to fix a problem once in a while.

Thanks for the PMs guys about this post. It is a NLRB viloation section 8(a)(1)-239 NLRB 1353,1354,100 LRRM 1230(1979) and 260 NLRB 1123, 109 LRRM 1265(1982)

Thanks again

Billy

Can't, unless the driver opted in in December. Otherwise, until the ten day window at the end of May, the supe is right and local804 can pound sand.
actually that language has changed. Now if you're over 9.5 3 times in a week you are added to the list for 5 months. If within that 5 months you're over 3 times in a week again you file for triple time.

you sound so upset when I read your post, like you need a hug. I hope all is well for you.

UPSNewbie

actually that language has changed. Now if you're over 9.5 3 times in a week you are added to the list for 5 months. If within that 5 months you're over 3 times in a week again you file for triple time.

you sound so upset when I read your post, like you need a hug. I hope all is well for you.

I thought I read that if you get three O9.5's, you have to go to the center manager's office and declare that you want to opt-in?

tourists24

I thought I read that if you get three O9.5's, you have to go to the center manager's office and declare that you want to opt-in?
you are correct Newbie,,,, you get your 3rd, get your name on the list...
After that, any violation after the 3rd 9.5 is on the company at triple time

screamin chicken

That way to much, Last week I had 140 on mon. and was back by 1715, Tues. I was slammed with 160 clocked out at 8 pm, wens. I had 150 clocked out at 8 pm, I told myself 1 more time this week and we are going to the office so I could sign the 9.5 list, and Thurs. and Fri I only had 120 stops, Thats messed up....

3HrsOverAllowed

That way to much, Last week I had 140 on mon. and was back by 1715, Tues. I was slammed with 160 clocked out at 8 pm, wens. I had 150 clocked out at 8 pm, I told myself 1 more time this week and we are going to the office so I could sign the 9.5 list, and Thurs. and Fri I only had 120 stops, Thats messed up....
I personally would file a grievance for harrassment