Vent on Mouthy Customers!

HULKAMANIA

Dont you just love the customers who get upset because you decide to deliver the package that they ordered? How inconvenient us stupid Ups drivers are to knock on a door to get a signature and INTERRUPT whatever he/she is doing. If you had left with the package since they obviously didnt WANT to sign, attempted it and NI1 or whatever the case may have been. Imagine the stink they would have made as to why you didnt leave it. I had a guy blow off his big mouth to me today and Im still fuming over it lol. Next time Im just gonna say-LOOK HERE BROTHER-WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN HULKAMANIA DECIDES TO RUN WILD ON YOU!

I know its not that big of a deal, but man sometimes a persons mouth can just upset the rest of your day even though you keep telling yourself its not that big of a deal.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Dont you just love the customers who get upset because you decide to deliver the package that they ordered? How inconvenient us stupid Ups drivers are to knock on a door to get a signature and INTERRUPT whatever he/she is doing. If you had left with the package since they obviously didnt WANT to sign, attempted it and NI1 or whatever the case may have been. Imagine the stink they would have made as to why you didnt leave it. I had a guy blow off his big mouth to me today and Im still fuming over it lol. Next time Im just gonna say-LOOK HERE BROTHER-WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN HULKAMANIA DECIDES TO RUN WILD ON YOU!

I know its not that big of a deal, but man sometimes a persons mouth can just upset the rest of your day even though you keep telling yourself its not that big of a deal.

Yep sometimes management doesnt know when to keep their mouth shut....or customers as you stated..lol

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
I usually just laugh...whether it be management or customer. I refuse to let people control my emotions. I know its easier said than done, but its one of the best survival tactics I've acquired working at UPS.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Hey, people have killed for less.

HomeDelivery

water-off-a-ducks-back.jpg

treat it like that & your day will still go on smoothly

heartjob-723847.jpg

say that a couple of times & keep on truckin'

not all customers understand what the package car driver has to endure during the day, especially with you guys getting micro-managed from those "big-brother" gadgets in your package cars/scanners
water-off-a-ducks-back.jpg
heartjob-723847.jpg

jaker

trolling
What how dare you have more then one stop on the truck and come by my house and knock on my door when I am not ready for you , please come back after 5:30

gostillerz

I got yelled at by a lady for delivering her husband's birthday present while he was home. I gave her the number to my center just to be an ass, and she actually called to complain! This is a route where some people call and complain when I'm not on it.

HULKAMANIA

And I dont know why I let it get to be so bad today but it did. Some days are worse than others. Like someone above said if they had to deal with what we do everyday maybe they would be more understanding. I wanna say hey look BUB if I could just leave this stupid thing and keep rolling you better believe I would.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The problem with these situations is you can't say or do what you would really like to. It's amazing the hoops we have to jump through to give people the crap they ordered.

DS

Fenderbender
I had 6 deliveries in one apartment building last week.
I started at the top 1216,906,712,417...this lady demanded to know how I got into the building.
I said someone else let me in.She says,you are trespassing on private property.
I said,no I'm a delivery driver,I have to be able to get in to make my deliveries,anyway,
I have a cable box from Rogers for you I need a signature for,she reluctantly signs.
As I walk to the elevator to do my last 2 deliveries,she yells,I'm calling your company to complain.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We don't get paid to deal with their complaints, the 1-800 number does. Just say your sorry and if they demand a number give them a info notice and move on. Let them vent to someone else who will pretend to care, I won't let them get to me.

gostillerz

I started at the top 1216,906,712,417...this lady demanded to know how I got into the building.
I said,no I'm a delivery driver,I have to be able to get in to make my deliveries,anyway,
I have a cable box from Rogers for you I need a signature for,she reluctantly signs.
As I walk to the elevator to do my last 2 deliveries,she yells,I'm calling your company to complain.

Should've gave her the number for FedEx :D

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

The methods say you should ring a stop, go inside, deliver it, go back out the door, ring the next stop, go inside, deliver it, etc. You should have hit her in the throat with the DIAD.

HULKAMANIA

As I walk to the elevator to do my last 2 deliveries,she yells,I'm calling your company to complain.[/QUOT

I dont care how many people say let the run off your back lol it would irritate the crap out of you! Its comical after you have left for awhile but at that moment it just makes you furious! I guess its the stupidity that gets on my nerves. What does the lady want you to do? Abra ca dabra and have the package magically appear in her room?

jaker

trolling
You know what I think its really about people want to complain about anything but they can't , so when they see a chance to do it they do , you can't yell at the guy down street but you can yell at the UPS guy because he can't yell back

When people get mouthy I just walk away and laugh , gives me something to talk about to the wife at dinner

rod

Retired 22 years

You guys just laugh--wait til you get old--- being cranky is about the olny thrill we get anymore:

Jeff Dunham with Walter the Grumpy Old Man - YouTube

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I don't have a lot of patience with rude people. I have been known to give some of them the 1 finger salute from the package car. Have only had one complaint called in for this behavior. Just told the center manager that I was just flicking a booger off of my finger and the customer took it the wrong way.

barnyard

KTM rider

I like to say, "Your welcome," as I am walking away. The last jab always makes me smile.