Verbal abuse from supervisor

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't need any help sleeping at night. I just find it humorous that so many think the union runs this company.

I'm still very much part of a team. A word doesn't make a team, actions do.

Well your local's president is wrong. If you go on the site it even says administered by our outside partners, The Network.

Administered and owned are not necessarily one in the same.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Bad advice. Lmfao. File a grievance. Good advice. Call 800 #. Good advice. You must be the stupidvisor who will be looking for a new job after 800 number is called and prior grievance is shown. Good luck with your future employment. And nice job TRYING to say it is bad advice. It won't work.

I'd also find some genius with "sound advice" and follow every word he/she says. Because UPS only hires the brightest and the best. "Lmfao"...

box_beeyotch

You want my bad advice, he's not always going to be dawning a ups sup shirt and you arent always going to be in the hub. I say get him outside of work and hit him where it really hurts. If he disrespects you like that, he deserves what he gets. No face, no case. If you don't have the balls to do that, I say ignore it...it's a job and regardless of what he says to you, you still get paid.

10 point

He'll get fired because he treated people like crap. Not because Teamsters have some special powers over everybody.
And the supe will get filed on because management has no special privileges when it comes to abusive actions...aka persistent disorderly conduct punishable by the labor board and the local court system.

On a funny side note...
I had a loader that used to stick her fingers into her ears and say "la la la, I can't hear you" when a supe would get loud with her. The supe would finally throw up their hands and walk away. Funny. Very funny. ;)

10 point

Supes that treat employees and fellow workers with respect get a lot more accomplished (short and long term) than those that try to intimidate people.
You can beat people into submission but if they ever get the whipping cycle figured out you're going to get a taste of your own medicine.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Google "UPS polices on harassment in the workplace" will get you http://www.ups.com/media/en/code_bus_conduct.pdf

Read page 21 and print/show this to your Supervisor. Then when he opens his hole again to tell you about how he's "gonna be watching you" refer to page 9; no retaliation. From that point if another word comes out of his mouth I'd go directly to his sup and read over page 21 again and ask how that sup is going to correct this problem. If that sup refuses to do anything, I'd go to the next guy in charge, if that involves 1-800 then so be it. Document all of this and the order in which you've been doing it, letting your BA know what you're doing so he can also be in the loop. I'd continue to file grievances as well so there's a paper trail for your BA, Article 37 in the master covers this as well.

If you do the first thing, like most bully's, they get punched in the nose "figuratively" and cool it.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
He'll get fired because he treated people like crap. Not because Teamsters have some special powers over everybody.

You're usually spot on but I have to suggest a correction:

He'll get fired because UPS doesn't want a hostile workplace/sexual harassment lawsuit, especially not because of the antics of an easily-replaceable PT supervisor.

Problems like these tend to be taken care of when someone of the appropriate pay-grade catches wind of it.

The "good" business managers (sort managers) will address this type of thing ASAP when a steward or rank-and-file member brings it to their attention. The lousy ones (most of them) will ignore it until they're forced to deal with it.

Multiple people need to file Article 37 grievances and call the 1-800 number. The ethical complaint hotline just reports to local HR, but generates a report that has to be handled.

GetTacosOrDieTrying

What's in the box!!!!!?
Smile ,nod and keep doing your job in a safe manner. Let me flip out and make a fool of him self. If you are a union memember show up on time and are working safe. You have nothing to worry about your job. You just have to deal with a whining sup.