Verification of dependents

Pismo Bill

I received a letter today from UPS asking me to send proof of verification of all my
dependents for my health care. I still have my health insurance with UPS although it
certainly isn't as good as it was before the last contract.

Anyway they want me to send a copy of last years tax return with the personal info
blacked out to prove my wife is still a dependent and therefore eligible for health care coverage.

It is supposed to be sent to the department of verification at some p.o.
box in Ill. I'm going to send it certified mail with a return receipt. Anybody else get this letter?
you can call them after you mail , they will verify.

twoweeled

It's not a matter of trust.
It's just a matter of having proof that you knowingly lied, if your information is incorrect? how about that?
Stop-it-Im-laughing-so-hard-I-cant-stand-up.jpg

Yesterday I got our "Confirmation of Coverage" letter. My health, dental and vision coverage was cancelled as of 1/1/2016. WHAT? After a long phone call I find that the dependent audit paperwork was sent out and then returned because their envelope does not allow it to be forwarded. (We are snowbirds and winter in FLA) They did not call us either when it was returned, they had a good contact phone number...so they cancelled my insurance, no 30 day notice, nothing just cancelled. Now I have to go through an appeals process which could take up to 60 days to correct. Married 35 years to this man and being made to prove it! ...and here's the kicker, my premium payments have been accepted no problem.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yesterday I got our "Confirmation of Coverage" letter. My health, dental and vision coverage was cancelled as of 1/1/2016. WHAT? After a long phone call I find that the dependent audit paperwork was sent out and then returned because their envelope does not allow it to be forwarded. (We are snowbirds and winter in FLA) They did not call us either when it was returned, they had a good contact phone number...so they cancelled my insurance, no 30 day notice, nothing just cancelled. Now I have to go through an appeals process which could take up to 60 days to correct. Married 35 years to this man and being made to prove it! ...and here's the kicker, my premium payments have been accepted no problem.

Sounds like you need to have someone checking your mail for you and forwarding the "important looking" stuff to you.

The insurance company did their job. With the number of insureds it would be far too time consuming to call each and every one who does not respond to their mailing.

I do hope that you are able to get this issue straightened out.

trickpony1

Your state has an "Insurance Commission". Goggle it.
If it is close to your residence then drop by and have a chat with them otherwise file a compliant online or by telephone

They were very helpful in clearing up a little "misunderstanding" that I really can't discuss here.

The worst they can do is tell you they can't help. Good luck.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Your state has an "Insurance Commission". Goggle it.
If it is close to your residence then drop by and have a chat with them otherwise file a compliant online or by telephone

They were very helpful in clearing up a little "misunderstanding" that I really can't discuss here.

The worst they can do is tell you they can't help. Good luck.

Even better yet. When they botched up my coverage and gave me the run around from department to department and no one wanting to take responsibility to correct the problem, I contacted the U.S. Dept of Labor. Phone number 1-866-444-3272. They contacted UPS Corporate Office in Atlanta and my problem was resolved in 2 days. UPS was very willing to do whatever it took to resolve the problem because they clearly had made mistakes.