Vermont Teddy Bears and Pro Flowers

airbusfxr

I know UPS ships the VTBs and usually has several extra sections for Thu Nite and Fri Nite, but this proflower has me confused. I saw the ad for "discount" and ordered for my wife, today I get an UPS notice that a box of flowers will be delivered Friday. I remember the superbowl ad that had the office girl gets a box of dead flowers in a brown box and the other girls all get fresh ones from the FTD company. I remember when we took over Challenge Air in 2000 we used to get the CA 757s full of flowers from Central America and never really cared how they got to the customer because we had to work the aircraft. Now all at once PRO Flowers has burst on the scene, please let them be alive instead of the superbowl ad. I hope UPS makes money on this deal instead of the fiasco in the early 2k.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
All I know is that flowers and fruit don't get along well when its 20 below. We used to call the oranges we got bombed with at peak "croquet balls" If its cold enough you can get them to shatter. Apples turn to applesauce

airbusfxr

Pro flowers turned out to be a dud. They showed up early, card was wrong, vase was cracked but UPS made a buck. We were watching the CBS news about the aviation turmoil over outsource of maintenance, which is my primary job, when the UPS driver rang the bell. My wife was OK with the quality of the flowers but like the girl in the TV ad, they come in a brown box, and the vase and card was jacked up. Dang at least her gift to me a new Drew Brees Superbowl jersey and it came FDX ground without a hitch. Next year back to 1-800-flowers. Who Dat going to beat them Saints?

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
are you bagging on UPS in this post, I really can't tell? if so, STFU, UPS making a buck PAYS YOUR SALARY.

damn, you have a bad case of the dumb.

edit: and as I have said in another thread, 1800flowers ships UPS, so you are totally screwed.

Brownforall

are you bagging on UPS in this post, I really can't tell? if so, STFU, UPS making a buck PAYS YOUR SALARY.

damn, you have a bad case of the dumb.

edit: and as I have said in another thread, 1800flowers ships UPS, so you are totally screwed.

You gotta love this ;)) I bet UPS delivers better flowers than Fedex any day.

BrownArmy

Here in the greater Boston Area, our local public radio station is running a Valentine's Day fund-raiser. $150 for a dozen roses (?!!), $250 for two dozen roses and a box of chocolates (***?!!).

Anyway, Fed-ex has donated the flower delivery (anywhere in the country), and some Fed-ex staff are manning the phones at the radio station taking people's orders.

Talk about great press.

I wish UPS would do a little better to sell the company in terms of advertising. The pony-tail guy is underwhelming...

Last edited:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
All the drivers should be issued White Board Guy wigs for April Fools Day Delivery day !!! That would be a fun promotion!!

airbusfxr

My point was that most customers would have filed a claim. I didnt because I would rather learn a lesson from Proflowers than have to file a claim. I didnt file a claim because customers will.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Pro flowers turned out to be a dud. They showed up early, card was wrong, vase was cracked but UPS made a buck. We were watching the CBS news about the aviation turmoil over outsource of maintenance, which is my primary job, when the UPS driver rang the bell. My wife was OK with the quality of the flowers but like the girl in the TV ad, they come in a brown box, and the vase and card was jacked up. Dang at least her gift to me a new Drew Brees Superbowl jersey and it came FDX ground without a hitch. Next year back to 1-800-flowers. Who Dat going to beat them Saints?

Of course he's bagging UPS. He's also finding yet another way of spinning the facts of a news story. He has no clue what STFU means.
There is no "aviation turmoil". The issue is that the FAA has not been conducting the annual inspections. What turmoil?
There are many, many articles and papers out there that disprove your rant that foreign repair stations are to blame for airplane crashes. You'll never admit it. BTW, here's two links to prove exactly what I said is true. The "turmoil" happens outside of some of our biggest Customers when some Airline Mechanics think it's a brillint idea to picket them and harass their Customers.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/04/business/main4501660.shtml

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=113877784

airbusfxr

Dysfuntional Manager, we were doing great without you. Go back to where you were and leave us alone. You STFU and quit harassing us.

airbusfxr

Your like that idiot in the South Arlington Hooters that made the workers eat beans to get the day off. I wish you were on the show using your anp. It would be great to see you walk one day in my Sears DieHards. You couldnt carry my tool box or boroscope or roll a tire. GO AWAY dysfuntional manager.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Dear Airbusfxr:
You were not doing well without me. You need me and I need you. (Except you need me more).
I have taken the "UPSSOCKS EXTREME MANAGEMENT TRAINING COURSE" for the last two weeks.
Lost 20 pounds and am in my fighting weight range. Ate raw meat stamped "teamsters". It was tough on the outside, but once I cut into it, it was very soft and did exactly what I asked them to do. No Warning Letters, Suspensions or Terminations...Thanks UPSSOCKS!!
Learned some new skills and am ready to manage my workers.

Ready to Green up some airplanes??

My people downstream need an airplane on time!!

D

Dis-organized Labor

Your like that idiot in the South Arlington Hooters that made the workers eat beans to get the day off. I wish you were on the show using your anp. It would be great to see you walk one day in my Sears DieHards. You couldnt carry my tool box or boroscope or roll a tire. GO AWAY dysfunti

Go back to your trailer, loser. Your Master Mechanic tool box that wifey got you at Harbor freight when yopu got that big, important job at UPS???