Vertigo and dizziness

xjapx

Have any of you had drivers in your center had any problems with this? We have had about 7 drivers come down with this in the last year, just curious if any drivers in other centers have. We have right at 60 drivers in our center, which seems to me to be a very high rate. Any infor would be appreciated

trickpony1

I have my thoughts and opinions on this matter as well as a possible common denominator but until I figure out if you're a troll I won't share them.

xjapx

No, I'm just trying to figure out if any other centers have had this problem with drivers. I have my own thoughts as well. I'm just curious it seems awful odd that we would have almost a 1-10 ratio in our center. Maybe thats normal or maybe it isn't, as I haven't found many people outside of our work that suffer from it. So I can't really form a concrete explination for it.

xjapx

No I am actually curious. I just think it seems odd that we have a 1 in 10 ratio of incurring. I have my own thoughts as well, but I would really like to know if we are the only center that has people that have dealt with it. I don't really know anybody outside of work that suffers or has suffered from any kind of vertigo/dizziness to form any kind of opinion. If there are people in other centers that have dealt with it maybe there is more to it than I personally believe, but that I don't know. What makes it even more complicated is that doctors really don't know what causes it. Any info anybody can give would be appreciated.

Talegetr

Have any of you had drivers in your center had any problems with this? We have had about 7 drivers come down with this in the last year, just curious if any drivers in other centers have. We have right at 60 drivers in our center, which seems to me to be a very high rate. Any infor would be appreciated

I am very interested in knowing more about your drivers and where your center is located. I, too, have been suffering with vertigo like symptoms, and I think this may be a problem that UPS is well aware of but insists on sweeping it under the rug.

trickpony1

Has anyone explored the possibility of the vertigo being caused by diesel exhaust?

I'm glad you entered this conversation.
I could be wrong but wasn't you that mentioned that two drivers in your center had brain cancer?
Before you respond with one of your classic snippy answers I am going somewhere with this if you will be patient.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yeah I had it 1 time when I was sitting on the hopper all day with food poisoning. And my feet went numb too lol. I was like what the freak dude this freakin blowz lol.

oldngray

nowhere special
Reroute the exhaust hoses from the shop into the managers' office to test the effects of diesel fumes on cognitive ability.