Very Disappointing - !

ol'browneye

I don't see where you mention getting a delivery notice left on your door. Chances are the calltag ended up on the wrong truck or never made it out the door. In either case , someone with no Integrity sheeted it or instructed someone to sheet the calltag as NR1.

G

gimmeabreak

I don't see where you mention getting a delivery notice left on your door. Chances are the calltag ended up on the wrong truck or never made it out the door. In either case , someone with no Integrity sheeted it or instructed someone to sheet the calltag as NR1.

thanks--glad to see someone with an open mind--I never got a delivery notice.

Dustyroads

If you are in IT for the last 16 years, I don't believe you would need to be asking folks on the board the phone number for one of our centers. I was born at night, but not last night.

G

gimmeabreak

If you are in IT for the last 16 years, I don't believe you would need to be asking folks on the board the phone number for one of our centers. I was born at night, but not last night.

I honestly do not have that number---I call 800-pick-ups for info---it's not that easy getting center numbers and I never really needed to speak to the center.

Now if you want paycheck info maybe I could help u out!! JUST KIDDING--I DON'T WANT BIG BROWN BROTHER ON MY CASE.

UPSGUY72

I honestly do not have that number---I call 800-pick-ups for info---it's not easy getting center numbers.

That's becasue they don't give them out becaue everyone and there brother would be calling and then UPS would have to hire more people to answer the phones at each building.

Dustyroads

Perhaps you should ask your immediate supervisor, or contact a customer service representative in the building where you work, I think either of them could solve your problem a lot quicker than hoping to get something from creating a post on the browncafe. That would assume that results is what you really want.

G

gimmeabreak

I want my package picked up. Is that too much to ask?

Again, blame the customer---I didn't leave a note, the package was hidden, not labeled, YADA-YADA-YADA, call the center, don't call the center...this happens far too much and we need to get better, that's all I am saying.

I know it's sometimes the customer's fault, but I am telling you I did everything right because I work for UPS and know what to do, and I am still getting bashed.

UPSGUY72

I want my package picked up. Is that too much to ask?

Again, blame the customer---I didn't leave a note, the package was hidden, not labeled, YADA-YADA-YADA, call the center, don't call the center...this happens far too much and we need to get better, that's all I am saying.

I know it's sometimes the customer's fault, but I am telling you I did everything right because I work for UPS and know what to do, and I am still getting bashed.

You don't know what to do if you did you could have answered you owe questions or better yet how to get the anwser you want to hear. Someone said you should have gotten a delivery notice yet if you knew what to do you would have known that if the call tag was sheeted NR1 than a Delivery notice is not needed.

Dustyroads

If you actually work every day at a UPS facility, there is no reason you could not have resolved this issue by simply taking the package to work with you, and asking any manager or supervisor you see to fix the problem. You had the tracking number, and you go to a ups building every day. You have the resources to determine with much more accuracy what actually happened with the original call tag. Any manager or supervisor could track this tag on our internal tracking program, and tell a lot about it, specifically, what driver made the attempt, and why the tag had not appeared on a control sheet. Asking for those answers on this forum is fruitless. If you had reported this to a supervisor in the building where you say you work, it would have actually helped in keeping this from happening, because the center manager would have discussed the call tag attempt with the driver who made it at 11:27, and your problems would have been solved. This would have helped prevent such failures in the future, not just with you, but with other customers. Flaming about it on a BC forum really does nothing to get your package on the way to Amazon.

G

gimmeabreak

knowing what to do, as in leaving a note for the driver to make sure he knows the correct box to pick up---

does a customer really need to know that a package sheeted NR1 that a Delivery notice is not needed???

get back to reality---package was not picked up, UPS screwed up...it hurts me as much as it hurts you---however, I am not blaming the customer as many of u seem to want to do.

G

gimmeabreak

sheeted NR1 than a Delivery notice is not needed.there is no reason you could not have resolved this issue by simply taking the package to work with you, and asking any manager or supervisor you see to fix the problem. You had the tracking number, and you go to a ups building every day. You have the resources to determine with much more accuracy what actually happened with the original call tag. Any manager or supervisor could track this tag on our internal tracking program, and tell a lot about it, specifically, what driver made the attempt, and why the tag had not appeared on a control sheet. Asking for those answers on this forum is fruitless. If you had reported this to a supervisor in the building where you say you work, it would have actually helped in keeping this from happening, because the center manager would have discussed the call tag attempt with the driver who made it at 11:27, and your problems would have been solved. This would have helped prevent such failures in the future, not just with you, but with other customers. Flaming about it on a BC forum really does nothing to get your package on the way to Amazon.

are you clueless? there is no center manager in I.T. buildings. and what the heck is an internal tracking system? we are lucky if we see the mailroom guy once a day! Do u know what I.T. is?

and there u go again blaming the customer "If you actually work every day at a UPS facility" - I've worked at several in 23 years...

Dustyroads

And, exactly what were you trying to accomplish with your thread. I guess I am confused, I thought you wanted the package picked up, and you hoped that the problem that resulted in this failure would be solved. Apparently, that is not the case, because rather than contact a supervisor at UPS, where you say you work, you just want to whine and complain with it.

As for internal tracking, supervisors have access to a different tracking program than the one you find at UPS.com. That's how we do driver followups, trace and locate packages.

If anyone is clueless here, sir, it is you. I've forgotten more about UPS than you will ever know.

UPSGUY72

knowing what to do, as in leaving a note for the driver to make sure he knows the correct box to pick up---

does a customer really need to know that a package sheeted NR1 that a Delivery notice is not needed???

get back to reality---package was not picked up, UPS screwed up...it hurts me as much as it hurts you---however, I am not blaming the customer as many of u seem to want to do.

Why would you blame yourself?? You say you work at UPS and know how everything works but from what had come out it appears that you don't. Or one time did and now don't. Because as other have said all you need to do is ask someone in the building that you work in and the problem would have been solved.

Dustyroads

So you have no managers or supervisors in your building and they cannot contact any operations facilities. Hmmm...I'm beginning to see how IT really works.

UPSGUY72

So you have no managers or supervisors in your building and they cannot contact any operations facilities. Hmmm...I'm beginning to see how IT really works.

Not very well it shows and not just from this thread. I think he was one of the IT people that got laid off in AUG.

G

gimmeabreak

sorry to disappoint you but I am a Manager, and contacting my Manager or his Manager will get me nowhere becuase they are concerned with keeping the computer systems running and not my AMAZON calltag---if I still worked in a district I would have went over to the center and checked on it myself.

u guys keep blaming me, but the bigger issue is, what if I didn't work for UPS and experienced such lousy service??? How would I react? "WE" all need to do a better job.

UPSGUY72

sorry to disappoint you but I am a Manager, and contacting my Manager or his Manager will get me nowhere becuase they are concerned with keeping the computer systems running and not my AMAZON calltag---if I still worked in a district I would have went over to the center and checked on it myself.

Your a manager that's really hard to believe from this thread. If you a manager in the IT department finding the number to a building shouldn't be to hard you should have a list of number for all the buildings. Or how else to you contact building when they have problems?

Well if you want service that is worse you could ship it FED EX they make there customer come to there buildings on christmas day to pick up there packages every year.

Dustyroads

How in the world would you expect "we" to do a better job, when you refuse to report the problem to anyone who can solve it. And, to suggest that you, as a manager, cannot get the phone number of a center, sorry, but that just doesn't fly. TROLL.