Very excited to say "I QUIT!"

Sniper

What was the catalyst for all the "change". Obama care. The had all the POWER for two years, could have passed may laws and this is the crowning achievement. What does Mr. "union" Hoffa think about Obama care? Google is your friend.

Less government is better, time will tell it always does.

MAKAVELI

What was the catalyst for all the "change". Obama care. The had all the POWER for two years, could have passed may laws and this is the crowning achievement. What does Mr. "union" Hoffa think about Obama care? Google is your friend.

Less government is better, time will tell it always does.
I could care less what Hoffa thinks. Knowing that millions of people will be able to get health care is enough for me.

Sniper

No MILLIONS of people will pay a TAX because it is cheaper than the MANDATE. Laws mean something...

We have to pass it to know what's in it.

MAKAVELI

No MILLIONS of people will pay a TAX because it is cheaper than the MANDATE. Laws mean something...

We have to pass it to know what's in it.

No millions will take advantage of subsidies so they can take their family to the doctor.

vantexan

No millions will take advantage of subsidies so they can take their family to the doctor.

True. They'll get subsidized if they don't have insurance through an employer. That allows them to buy the Bronze plan which gives 60% coverage. And they'll pay higher copays and deductibles than with the more expensive plans. So great, poor people will now get the privilege of knowing the joys of crap corporate healthcare plans, or they will opt out and pay penalties they can't afford. Obama cares.

MAKAVELI

True. They'll get subsidized if they don't have insurance through an employer. That allows them to buy the Bronze plan which gives 60% coverage. And they'll pay higher copays and deductibles than with the more expensive plans. So great, poor people will now get the privilege of knowing the joys of crap corporate healthcare plans, or they will opt out and pay penalties they can't afford. Obama cares.
The subsidies will be on a sliding scale so the poor will pay very little in premiums and get assistance for actual health care costs. He cares a lot more than any republican in congress and Senate, that's for sure.

vantexan

The subsidies will be on a sliding scale so the poor will pay very little in premiums and get assistance for actual health care costs. He cares a lot more than any republican in congress and Senate, that's for sure.

I'd already read about this in Kiplinger's but they outlined it clearly the other day on CNN. The poor who aren't covered by a qualified employer plan will get subsidized, but their coverage will be on the Bronze plan that covers 60% of costs. That's the assistance they'll get, 60%. And their copays and deductibles will be higher than the more expensive plans.

MAKAVELI

I'd already read about this in Kiplinger's but they outlined it clearly the other day on CNN. The poor who aren't covered by a qualified employer plan will get subsidized, but their coverage will be on the Bronze plan that covers 60% of costs. That's the assistance they'll get, 60%. And their copays and deductibles will be higher than the more expensive plans.
You are wrong again instead of reading an article try reading one of the actual health care exchanges . In California very poor will qualify for medii-cal otherwise they will give them subsidies for both premium and actual healthcare costs.

vantexan

You are wrong again instead of reading an article try reading one of the actual health care exchanges . In California very poor will qualify for medii-cal otherwise they will give them subsidies for both premium and actual healthcare costs.

They will give them tax credits(also known as subsidies). Why do you think the IRS is running the show? Tell me something, a person makes $30k a year working two part-time jobs that don't offer health insurance. He has to pay for it through the exchange. Does he get a full subsidy? And he will have to pay the premium each month, then get a tax credit at end of year that'll only partly recoup his cost. Alot has been said about how people going to the ER drive up costs for everyone. Well won't paying for everything for all the poor drive up costs too? And who pays for it? The taxpayer, there isn't a free lunch. Well our $30k worker will make too much to get a subsidy, or maybe he'll get some. But he's on the hook for copays and deductibles. And if something serious happens he'll be on the hook for alot more because he can't afford the Platinum plan with 90% coverage. There is no free lunch. If the poor are going to have everything paid for then many like our $30k guy will work less because what's the point of working more in his pay range if you are going to have to give it to the insurance company or the government anyways? By the way, if he opts out the penalty by 2016 is $695 per adult or 2.5% of income, whichever is greater, with a cap of $2028 per family(if I remember right on the family). So our $30k guy would pay $750 to the government for the right to not pay a monthly premium he can't afford. And no, didn't get this on FOX, just came up with this example after reading numerous websites, including CBS just a few minutes ago.

MAKAVELI

They will give them tax credits(also known as subsidies). Why do you think the IRS is running the show? Tell me something, a person makes $30k a year working two part-time jobs that don't offer health insurance. He has to pay for it through the exchange. Does he get a full subsidy? And he will have to pay the premium each month, then get a tax credit at end of year that'll only partly recoup his cost. Alot has been said about how people going to the ER drive up costs for everyone. Well won't paying for everything for all the poor drive up costs too? And who pays for it? The taxpayer, there isn't a free lunch. Well our $30k worker will make too much to get a subsidy, or maybe he'll get some. But he's on the hook for copays and deductibles. And if something serious happens he'll be on the hook for alot more because he can't afford the Platinum plan with 90% coverage. There is no free lunch. If the poor are going to have everything paid for then many like our $30k guy will work less because what's the point of working more in his pay range if you are going to have to give it to the insurance company or the government anyways? By the way, if he opts out the penalty by 2016 is $695 per adult or 2.5% of income, whichever is greater, with a cap of $2028 per family(if I remember right on the family). So our $30k guy would pay $750 to the government for the right to not pay a monthly premium he can't afford. And no, didn't get this on FOX, just came up with this example after reading numerous websites, including CBS just a few minutes ago.
You just can't admit when you're wrong can you? Instead of talking out of your ass and relying on information from the media look it up on the actual exchange website you might actually learn something

vantexan

P.S. Just went to the California Exchange site. There are two components to assistance, monthly premium assistance and monthly out of pocket assistance. Look up the numbers. This system works well for the very poor. And the well paid can afford it. Not so much for singles and families making a little too much. And the assistance is applied immediately, not at the end of the year in the credit. And the $30k guy? Out-of-pocket assistance for individuals is capped at $28,725 annual income. He makes too much to get help with co-pays and deductibles.

MAKAVELI

P.S. Just went to the California Exchange site. There are two components to assistance, monthly premium assistance and monthly out of pocket assistance. Look up the numbers. This system works well for the very poor. And the well paid can afford it. Not so much for singles and families making a little too much.
Ah backtracking are we? I think you need to try reading that website again and start in putting some numbers and see what you get? If I could I would definitely be getting insurance through the exchange and not fedex crappy ass insurance.

vantexan

Ah backtracking are we? I think you need to try reading that website again and start in putting some numbers and see what you get? If I could I would definitely be getting insurance through the exchange and not fedex crappy ass insurance.

I gladly admit that I was incorrect about some features. But I'll be proven right that all of this will cost more than many can afford, and much more than Obama had said it would cost. You guys that believe the government is the answer never admit that the government spends much more than we can afford, and that there will come a severe crisis eventually. It's inevitable and we'll all suffer for it.

Nick9075

The providers will just raise their prices.. Prescription drug prices are already outrageous if you pay cash for generics even (not covered under insurance)..

Nick9075

What about trying to increase your skillset to try to get hired into a higher paying job by an employer that offered full medical benefits.. FedEx Station Management hates that you know --- employees getting educated and developing real skills that they are in demand elsewhere. If you think it is better to make a career at FedEx Home Delivery or ground for $14 - $18 an hour for the rest of your working career because you have these health insurance 'exchanges' than that is really sad, sometimes I think these gov't programs act as a disincentive...

Nick9075

P.S. Just went to the California Exchange site. There are two components to assistance, monthly premium assistance and monthly out of pocket assistance. Look up the numbers. This system works well for the very poor. And the well paid can afford it. Not so much for singles and families making a little too much. And the assistance is applied immediately, not at the end of the year in the credit. And the $30k guy? Out-of-pocket assistance for individuals is capped at $28,725 annual income. He makes too much to get help with co-pays and deductibles.

There are also other benefits for the under 30K guy like the Earned income tax credit, child care tax credits other tax 'credits'. If you make say $50,000 a year as a single person the gov't thinks you are 'middle class' and you get no 'assistance'

MAKAVELI

There are also other benefits for the under 30K guy like the Earned income tax credit, child care tax credits other tax 'credits'. If you make say $50,000 a year as a single person the gov't thinks you are 'middle class' and you get no 'assistance'
If you had kids you would know the difference between single making 50k and 30k with kids is huge.