Very interesting

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by cosmo1, Aug 2, 2014.

1. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

I got a letter yesterday from my pension fund that stated between 8/1/14 and 1/15/15 suspension of pension will be waived in the event I work for a participating employer.

UPS has to be worried about peak if they talked the union into allowing retirees to come back without penalty.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Dont do it!
    Just wave your middle finger and say....bub bye

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Yea they are going to be asking a lot of retires. I was told this about five weeks ago by labor. They are looking for management package car and feeder.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. If you think about it it's a pretty smart idea. Bringing in a small Cavalry of experience.

5. Maybe they need to hire some more people? and quit strokin the current employees!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  6. They are but the planned volume is going to be huge and this is the year UPS doesn't fall to it. They are going to pull out all the stops this year. I'm not saying it's going to be perfect but you will see some things this peak.

7. Thbey could start by adding some package cars...jmho

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. I agree. I see this as a major problem. We are getting in tons of new thousands and they aren't crushing any till after peak this year. Good luck with the rentals. The general public won't have a hope and a prayer finding a Uhual.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Seasonals will now all be driving rentals.

10. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

Our peak day volume was around 53k last year. Our projected peak day volume this year is close to 74k.

I've participated in 16 peak seasons and last year's was by far the worst. We're in for a real poopstorm.

Sent using a Potato

11. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

The clowns in Atlanta still don't get it. We were fine until all the last days before Christmas- next day airs, started flooding in. Set up a cut off date and head off the crush.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

13. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

14. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

So the retiree will say to himself "Hotdog, I can make a few bucks" and sign up. He is use to doing 120 stops in 9 hours with the cool wind in his thinning hair. Now he comes in to help at peak and gets an 1980 manual p800 with 315 stops, packed to the gills with 8 pottery barn boxes on the belt that will be shuttled out to him later. On top of that his helper is running late so they aren't sure when he will have a replacement.

Yea I don't see that plan working out to well.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Interesting.

Treat people like s**t for 30+ years.... and then, ask them to come back and help out.

Sad thing is.... I know a couple brown-noser's that would do it.

Do you know the difference between a brown-noser and a kiss arse ?

*Depth perception*

-Bug-

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I do not see any of my centers recent retirees coming back.

17. What happens if a driver gets hurt?
    Will he collect comp too? on top of his pension?

Something to think about!

18. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

....nor do I but I wouldn't mind coming back as a helper the same year that I retire.....can you imagine that....no pressure at all....

19. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

They will be asked to recite the geriatric version of the DOK. (Solves everything)

Such as.... "To prevent slips and falls, use a approved walker or cane."

-Bug-

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

What's to stop them from coming back and after a few days saying "Screw it"?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List