Very interesting

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I got a letter yesterday from my pension fund that stated between 8/1/14 and 1/15/15 suspension of pension will be waived in the event I work for a participating employer.

UPS has to be worried about peak if they talked the union into allowing retirees to come back without penalty.

I got a letter yesterday from my pension fund that stated between 8/1/14 and 1/15/15 suspension of pension will be waived in the event I work for a participating employer.

UPS has to be worried about peak if they talked the union into allowing retirees to come back without penalty.
Yea they are going to be asking a lot of retires. I was told this about five weeks ago by labor. They are looking for management package car and feeder.

If you think about it it's a pretty smart idea. Bringing in a small Cavalry of experience.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
They are but the planned volume is going to be huge and this is the year UPS doesn't fall to it. They are going to pull out all the stops this year. I'm not saying it's going to be perfect but you will see some things this peak.

Our peak day volume was around 53k last year. Our projected peak day volume this year is close to 74k.

I've participated in 16 peak seasons and last year's was by far the worst. We're in for a real poopstorm.

Sent using a Potato

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The clowns in Atlanta still don't get it. We were fine until all the last days before Christmas- next day airs, started flooding in. Set up a cut off date and head off the crush.

Indecisi0n

So the retiree will say to himself "Hotdog, I can make a few bucks" and sign up. He is use to doing 120 stops in 9 hours with the cool wind in his thinning hair. Now he comes in to help at peak and gets an 1980 manual p800 with 315 stops, packed to the gills with 8 pottery barn boxes on the belt that will be shuttled out to him later. On top of that his helper is running late so they aren't sure when he will have a replacement.

Yea I don't see that plan working out to well.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yea they are going to be asking a lot of retires. I was told this about five weeks ago by labor. They are looking for management package car and feeder.
If you think about it it's a pretty smart idea. Bringing in a small Cavalry of experience.

Interesting.

Treat people like smilet for 30+ years.... and then, ask them to come back and help out.

Sad thing is.... I know a couple brown-noser's that would do it.

Do you know the difference between a brown-noser and a kiss arse ?

*Depth perception*

-Bug-