Very very Disappointed why is the UPS package delivery driver starting pay so low

jebj55

A UPS Job Advertisement came up on a job site here in Kingston Ont Canada ..
$12.25 Hourly for 40 hours per week, As per collective agreement, Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, Pension Plan Benefits, RRSP Benefits, Vision Care Benefits... wow why is the starting pay so low ? do they give a fairly good raise within a time span...I google searched ups starting drive wages and most came up way more then 12.25 and hour .. whats going on?

nocturnalbuck

when i started it was 14.70per hour (2 years ago) but i never got near 40 hours per week. i worked a day here and there sometimes weeks off at a time.

dcdriver

nations capital
A UPS Job Advertisement came up on a job site here in Kingston Ont Canada ..
$12.25 Hourly for 40 hours per week, As per collective agreement, Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, Pension Plan Benefits, RRSP Benefits, Vision Care Benefits... wow why is the starting pay so low ? do they give a fairly good raise within a time span...I google searched ups starting drive wages and most came up way more then 12.25 and hour .. whats going on?

Dont take the job.

UPSGUY72

You could always go work at McDonald's. It i what it is. If you don't like it go work somewhere else with no benifits, job security, ETC. Most of the drivers started on the local sort or preload making alot less just to have the chance to be a driver.

They have a pay progression like most companys do. However most companys Top pay is $14 hr.

THE NUMBER 1 REASON IS BECAUSE THERE IS A CONTRACT BETWEEN THE UNION AND UPS THAT LAYS OUT THE PAY RATES.

jebj55

You could always go work at McDonald's. It i what it is. If you don't like it go work somewhere else with no benifits, job security, ETC. Most of the drivers started on the local sort or preload making alot less just to have the chance to be a driver.
well i'm making 15.25 driving now where i am i just don't understand how ups can get away with 12.25 an hour even with beifits . benifits mean nothing to me here in canada where heath care is more or less free

jebj55

Why are you complaining about the pay if you don't like it go work somewhere else or stop complaining?
cause as i said how dose a company as big as ups only pay 12.25 to start and if the pay gets better over time ..thats all i'm wonderin not trying to start ******

EmerCond421

well i'm making 15.25 driving now where i am i just don't understand how ups can get away with 12.25 an hour even with beifits . benifits mean nothing to me here in canada where heath care is more or less free

There's a saying here on the Brown Cafe - It is what it is. :peaceful:

UPSGUY72

That's life. If you don't like it next time your contract negotiations come up try to have it changed.

jebj55

That's life. If you don't like it next time your contract negotiations come up try to have it changed.
ok guys settle down I'm just wonderin just asking I DON'T work at ups just saw a job AD and wondered why the starting pay was low for a big company like ups ... as you say here "it is was it is"

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm reading this thread and wondering why everyone is biting this guys head off. He asked a simple question. Yes the starting pay is low. In the States we start at $16 or so which is a little more than half of full driver pay. It takes 3 years to reach top pay. Not sure what top rate is in Canada. Our friend DS will be able to answer that.

jebj55

I'm reading this thread and wondering why everyone is biting this guys head off. He asked a simple question. Yes the starting pay is low. In the States we start at $16 or so which is a little more than half of full driver pay. It takes 3 years to reach top pay. Not sure what top rate is in Canada. Our friend DS will be able to answer that.
thank you brownmonster for not biteing my head off .. and thank you for realizing all i did was ask a simple question. and anserwing my question as best to your knowledge...