Veteran sorter snapped on me

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ok, i'll elaborate a little better on what I did. I had to yell to try and get my point across that I didn't tell anyone to turn the fan back on. This guy was nose to nose with me, screaming in my face, spitting, with his chest up against me. Only way I could get a word in was to yell back at him. Talking in a cool, calm voice wasn't going to cut it with this guy. Like I said, I tried explaining it to him, but his reply was "bull:censored2:, bull:censored2:, friend* you mother friend...etc....Besides, I'm not going to take that kinda crap from anyone. I won't back down. Just like with a bully. Got to stand up to people like that or they'll think its ok for them to do it again.

Anyways, my area sup said last night before I left that he was going to get us together to sort it out. Hope no ones expecting me to apologize, because I did nothing wrong.
Agreed....yelling back is one thing....just don't yell back threats....even if he threatens you again. I've seen both parties of an argument walked out the door for doing that.

PT Car Washer

Ok, i'll elaborate a little better on what I did. I had to yell to try and get my point across that I didn't tell anyone to turn the fan back on. This guy was nose to nose with me, screaming in my face, spitting, with his chest up against me. Only way I could get a word in was to yell back at him. Talking in a cool, calm voice wasn't going to cut it with this guy. Like I said, I tried explaining it to him, but his reply was "bull:censored2:, bull:censored2:, friend* you mother friend...etc....Besides, I'm not going to take that kinda crap from anyone. I won't back down. Just like with a bully. Got to stand up to people like that or they'll think its ok for them to do it again.

Anyways, my area sup said last night before I left that he was going to get us together to sort it out. Hope no ones expecting me to apologize, because I did nothing wrong.
Make sure a Union steward is present also. May want to walk both of you out the door.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Can you kick his arse? If so, do it off of company property.
Afterwards I'm sure he won't get in your face about the fan again.

Stupid advice.

Agreed....yelling back is one thing....just don't yell back threats....even if he threatens you again. I've seen both parties of an argument walked out the door for doing that.

The quickest way out the door.

"Romper Room
tried to teach its young charges to be polite."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romper_Room

Now days.... everyone is a badass gangster.

That's why they work part-time, at UPS.

-Bug-

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Every part timer at UPS is an little punk. Always want to talk big. I would have continued to do whatever I could to piss him off because you KNOW not one little part time wussy is going to do a single thing.

I had a TCD try to get up in my face a few months ago because I kept calling him part timer when he is under the impression he is real driver.

He's all up in my face and I just kept calling him part timer. Told him to leave because the part timers were done and he was now trespassing. I swear he got so mad he almost started to cry.

It was hilarious. He wasn't man enough to do anything.

TLDR: Getting pissed about UPS drama is dumb and I love to screw with people who get pissed about UPS.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Every part timer at UPS is an little punk. Always want to talk big. I would have continued to do whatever I could to piss him off because you KNOW not one little part time wussy is going to do a single thing.

I had a TCD try to get up in my face a few months ago because I kept calling him part timer when he is under the impression he is real driver.

He's all up in my face and I just kept calling him part timer. Told him to leave because the part timers were done and he was now trespassing. I swear he got so mad he almost started to cry.

TLDR: Getting pissed about UPS drama is dumb and I love to screw with people who get pissed about UPS.
Exactly its a job, nothing less nothing more lol.

PT Car Washer

You need to lighten up.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
You need to lighten up.

You're probably right. UPS drama is too much fun to poke at with my schtick (pun intended).

But everyone else needs to stop taking this job so seriously. You can't take life too serious, you'll never get out alive.

For the record, not one full time wussy would have done anything either.