Veteran sorter snapped on me

J

jibbs

I like being a sorter, so yeah I want to stay. I'll just deal with it unless it happens again, then I'll take further action with a higher up supervisor and union.

Boom, there you go. Just do what you've always done and try to look back on the incident as out-of-character for the senior sorter who kirked off. Let it slide-- forgive but don't forget, you know? If it happens again, make a bigger deal out of it. DON'T give in and start threatening back, talking :censored2: back. If he takes it to that level, that's on him. Same with if he gets angry enough to start threatening you.

I can't stress enough, though, that you should just deal with it if you don't feel genuinely threatened by him. Some people vent in strange ways, and talking this kind of :censored2: is one of them. Those people are :censored2:bags, mind you, but they're out there and we do have to live with them. If it's that kind of situation, best way to handle it is to ignore the dude or to find a different spot on the sort.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Couldn't walk away, he had me pinned against the belt. Anyways, the whole thing was just shocking to be honest. Like I said, him and I, from my first day, had always gotten along. Talked football, joked around, laughed about the BS at UPS. Then for him to just snap like that over a fan just threw me off a bit. Thought he was joking at first until he was nose to nose with me screaming in my face and threatening to kick my a** and kill me.

Tonight we were pretty far from each other all night. My sup didn't get us together to work it out like he said he was going to do. I almost expected this guy to come over and apologize to me at some point tonight, but it never happened. Must think he was right about the whole thing. I guess he is a special snow flake who gets his way and friend* everybody else. At one point tonight, he tried to do the same thing to me again with turning off my fan. I was at door 2, getting hot, and had the unloader turn the fan on. He was way down on 8 or 9. After about 20 mins, he comes down to 4 and tries to get the fan turned off.

My sup came over to me and asked me if my fan was on when I got to 2, or if I turned it on. I said that I turned it on. Sup says "well he wants the fan off"...I was like "boss, i'm hot, i was here first. I can't take off my shirt, but he can put a jacket on" Sup agreed with me, and told the guy to put his jacket on or just deal with it. So at least something went my way for once. Just sucks that I have to keep working with this guy.
You are not always going to like everyone you work with. If he's smart...he'll refrain from talking to you directly and voice any complaints thru a supervisor. But as far as the fan goes....it's there to be utilized.